Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby uniftw » February 1st, 2017, 6:33 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:As a standalone issue, it's minor. We don't want every college basketball coach to comment every time one of their players gets a ticket.

With that said, this is a disturbing trend.

I'll also add that the justice system in McLean County is incredibly transparent. Do any of the other counties in The Valley have a public database with simple search options?

If the karma comes back around, I expect a very forgettable next month for my Birds.

:buddies:

Iowa has an entire database that is searchable for every county in one click. Don't even have to start guessing what county it happened in.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 1st, 2017, 6:52 pm

Cut Dirty Dan a break, just lost MiKyle for 3 weeks...guy is trying to get ready for Northern Iowa...guy needs us to cut him some slack. #BackTheBirds
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSpringsBird » February 1st, 2017, 7:15 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:Cut Dirty Dan a break, just lost MiKyle for 3 weeks...guy is trying to get ready for Northern Iowa...guy needs us to cut him some slack. #BackTheBirds

I know there are different kinds of meniscus tears, but doesn't it seem likely that he'll be out for more than three weeks? I suppose we'll hear more after the game.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbird Recon » February 1st, 2017, 11:44 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:I'll also add that the justice system in McLean County is incredibly transparent. Do any of the other counties in The Valley have a public database with simple search options?

Peoria County

Link?
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » February 2nd, 2017, 8:08 am

Come on guys, use your heads! How is the best player in the conference supposed to win win POY if he isn't playing? So simple.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » February 2nd, 2017, 10:56 am

I think I heard his punishment was no rest during the game on Saturday.

In all honesty I agree with Recon Redbird in the fact as a stand alone incident this is not much of an issue. Problem is that it is not a stand alone incident. I by no means expect anything to happen with this. As a matter of fact would anyone want anything to happen to their best player for that offense the week of the game for the title? The answer is NO. I do not agree with Muller on a lot of his discipline, but I would say this is the best time to handle this one "Internally."
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » February 2nd, 2017, 10:57 am

Old School MVC wrote:I think I heard his punishment was no rest during the game on Saturday.

In all honesty I agree with Recon Redbird in the fact as a stand alone incident this is not much of an issue. Problem is that it is not a stand alone incident. I by no means expect anything to happen with this. As a matter of fact would anyone want anything to happen to their best player for that offense the week of the game for the title? The answer is NO. I do not agree with Muller on a lot of his discipline, but I would say this is the best time to handle this one "Internally."

So winning > morals .. .got it.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 11:01 am

Muller has now instilled this rationale into a lot of the fanbase. Appalling.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » February 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:I think I heard his punishment was no rest during the game on Saturday.

So winning > morals .. .got it.

Yeah. I mean. I agree that on it's own it's not really much of an issue. But then you turn around and say that circumstance of game importance and outcome matters relative to consequence. Which pretty much sums up the whole problem.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » February 2nd, 2017, 1:19 pm

I maybe just a low-life Redbird fan (guilty of both btw) but if you want to be a big time program you don't go making mid-major moves like suspending players. 8-)
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball