Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 10th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Salukimadness86 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:As long as Muller is coach, the inmates will continue to run the asylum. ISU should be extremely proud. Nuff said.

And you will continue to finish behind us in the standings. Nuff said.

Um, not sure what standings you are referring to, but the Salukis finished 2nd to Loyola this past season. Before posting nonsense, do some research.

Did we not beat you two of three and finish 2nd in the only tournament that matters for us mid majors? In the last 5 or 10 years, how often did SIU finish above us..either in regular season or in how far you made it at Arch Madness?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » May 10th, 2018, 8:25 pm

So, are you people actually saying it's okay to shove a woman down the stairs?

What a pathetic f****** fan base.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 10th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I never ever ever said that.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IWokeUpLikeThis » May 10th, 2018, 8:34 pm

BCPanther wrote:So, are you people actually saying it's okay to shove a woman down the stairs?

Jsnhbe1Birds didn’t think it was okay. He thought more should’ve been done to the teenage woman.

If I’m an ISU fan, that is someone I’d make damn sure never has a voice in my fan base. Reporting him to the proper people would be a prudent start. Who wants that to represent you?
IWokeUpLikeThis
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2018, 9:28 pm

IWokeUpLikeThis wrote:
BCPanther wrote:So, are you people actually saying it's okay to shove a woman down the stairs?

Jsnhbe1Birds didn’t think it was okay. He thought more should’ve been done to the teenage woman.

If I’m an ISU fan, that is someone I’d make damn sure never has a voice in my fan base. Reporting him to the proper people would be a prudent start. Who wants that to represent you?

not at all what i was getting at. i don't think more should happen to the girl. i'm just saying if someone steals stuff they should expect at least a push.

from the redbird board: I had someone yank something out of my hand - I grabbed it back while making physical contact and pushed them away. I could have been charged with battery. If it was a public place, I could have been charged with aggravated battery. Let's allow it to play out. - dabirds0986
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 10th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Yes...these are the full seasons after the arrests started.
Unless you want change things to fit your "culture" narrative.

I have no narrative other than getting to the NCAA Tournament.

I do like the "arrests", plural.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 10th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
IWokeUpLikeThis wrote:

not at all what i was getting at. i don't think more should happen to the girl. i'm just saying if someone steals stuff they should expect at least a push.

from the redbird board: I had someone yank something out of my hand - I grabbed it back while making physical contact and pushed them away. I could have been charged with battery. If it was a public place, I could have been charged with aggravated battery. Let's allow it to play out. - dabirds0986

Lot's of tough guys on the internet.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » May 10th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Some other quotes from your message board

Interesting use of "" on this one
the "facts," may not add up to anything all that serious. Her allegation that she was "pushed" in the back as she was going down a flight of stairs might be subjective. She might have felt "contact" and interpreted it as a push

From you
It is annoying that the Jailbird U perception keeps on trucking every couple of months. Having to defend them versus the whole conference.

It's not a perception. It's a reality. ISU has more arrests and players in the police blotter than the rest of the conference combined over the last 5-8 years I'd guess. That goes for football as well

I would like to know who the Officer was that wrote this up??? Give me a break. If someone takes my property - I can easily tell you a shove is going to be the least of their problems - M or F.

Here we go with the racist and targeting ISU athletes bullshit like we got when Coprich was arrested on felony drug dealing charges (that he plead guilty on)
One thing that I think goes undiscussed when things like this happen is the Normal PD. I know there has been investigations in them unfairly targeting certain students on campus.

When comparing Normal to other places in the MVC I'm 100% sure these things happen all over the place but in places like Chicago and Peoria, and hell, even Terre Haute there are much more serious things that have their attention. Des Moines, Evansville, Valparaiso, and Cedar Falls have VERY different demographics than the largest state school in Illinois with probably 60% of their students from the Chicago land area.

BloNo is a small community and local media outlets scower the court reports for notable names.

BloNo is no smaller than Cedar Falls is when it comes to athletes showing up and getting noticed. Rayvante Rice was arrested for stealing freaking socks in Des Moines. Just because Cedar Falls's demo is different it's easier to get away with things? If anything it'd be harder because that type of behavior isn't normal and most definitly would be targeted by CFPD, Waterloo PD and UNIPD. UNI has had 4 arrest in Jake's 12 years - 2 DUI's who both got instantly suspended, one for stealing a phone who was suspended and the other for stealing a bicycle who was also suspended. Malik is going to match 12 years of UNI basketball player arrests in 2 or 3 years.

Anyway, a few more quotes

Hopefully the charges are dropped. I am not condoning or defending his actions.

One other thing, people are staying he pushed this girl down the stairs. That is not reported anywhere. It is said that she was pushed in the back NEAR stairs. Knowing the complex he lives in, all you have to do is step in the hallway to be considered "near stairs."
Doesn't condone the actions but wants the charges dropped. Interesting. Also, it's been reported multiple places he pushed her down the steps. But now it was jsut near the steps, which just happens to be anywhere in the building. Lucky for her I guess the entire building is near the steps for her to "make up her facts". Then again, as we learned from another poster, the push wasn't a push. It was just simple contact that she interpreted as a push.

Honestly, this doesn't seem like much at all. The only reason people are talking about it is because of the recent history. Moving on...
Sure, based on things other ISU players have been arrested on, pushing a girl down a flight of steps probably doesn't seem like much. Move on...the motto of the ISU athletic department. "We are aware of the allegations and are not going to comment on them....please move on until you forget about it"

An earlier post talked about Normal PD compared to other MVC towns and for anyone who's lived in Normal can agree with that. The town makes it's money on busting college kids, whether it be traffic violations or something more serious. I'm not making excuses here, but it's true. Since MY has had his dealings with NPD in the past, this seems to get a bit bigger spotlight.

A college town making targeting college kids? No way? Normal is literally the only town that does that. No other town does this at all. Oh, wait. Literally ever college town does that.

Of course not every fan of every MVC school scours the blotters & public records websites (most people have less tornadic lives), but we've had to endure years
We do, we just have players appear in them at a tiny faction of the rate ISU does.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 11th, 2018, 6:23 am

uniftw wrote:
One thing that I think goes undiscussed when things like this happen is the Normal PD. I know there has been investigations in them unfairly targeting certain students on campus.

An earlier post talked about Normal PD compared to other MVC towns and for anyone who's lived in Normal can agree with that. The town makes it's money on busting college kids, whether it be traffic violations or something more serious. I'm not making excuses here, but it's true. Since MY has had his dealings with NPD in the past, this seems to get a bit bigger spotlight.

A college town making targeting college kids? No way? Normal is literally the only town that does that. No other town does this at all. Oh, wait. Literally ever college town does that.

Regarding targeting ISU students:

The 2014 total ordinance violations for Madison, Peoria and East Lansing combined was 898 violations. In Normal alone it was 1,529 violations.

http://www.videtteonline.com/news/norma ... 02c7e.html
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » May 11th, 2018, 6:34 am

Well, Yarbrough is in Normal.

I kid but ordinance citations (considered quasi-criminal) have nothing to do with this. Though Yarbrough did get an underage drinking citation we're talking about criminal charges. Police in Normal, Peoria, East Lansing etc will all investigate reports of theft, DWLS and battery.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball