Valley Exhibition Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Exhibition Games

Postby Stickboy46 » November 5th, 2016, 3:23 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:WSU edged out D2 Augusta 73-67. Shaq Morris seemed like the motivating force. Shaq had a great dunk off a missed three. Augusta kept in the game with some good 3 point shooting.

"Good" 3 point shooting is an understatement. #10 was unconscious most of the 2nd half. Just had to sit back in amazement and cheer for him
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » November 5th, 2016, 4:53 pm

That was a crazy performance. Reminded of Goudelock several years ago. Little less distance, but he was just catching and chucking.

Always tough to know what to take from these games. Some good, some bad. Lots to work on. Lots of potential.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 5th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Drake beat Concordia 81-75. Concordia was hitting three's also.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 5th, 2016, 7:11 pm

Best player in Wichita today was a three time D-II AA named Sherrel. Shaq Morris was a close second scoring 24 on 9 of 11 shooting with 7 rebounds.

Shamet looked good with 12 points and 7 assists/1 TO. Frankamp looked good at point. McDuffie and Zach Brown were pretty much non-existent. The JUCOs and true freshman looked like it was their first time in front of 10000.

First half starting line-up was:

1. Landry Shamet, 6-4
2. Zach Brown, 6-6
3. Markis McDuffie, 6-8
4. Rashard Kelly, 6-7
5. Rauno Nurger, 6-10

Second half starters:

1. Conner Frankamp, 6-1
2. Landry Shamet, 6-4
3. Markis McDuffie, 6-8
4. Rashard Kelly, 6-7
5. Shaq Morris, 6-8

At the end of the game, when Augusta cut it to 1:

Frankamp, Shamet, McDuffie, Morris, Nurger
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mule » November 5th, 2016, 8:52 pm

UE beat Green Bay today in a closed scrimmage at a neutral site.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » November 6th, 2016, 8:31 am

Wufan wrote:The JUCOs and true freshman looked like it was their first time in front of 10000.

What good is a message board if we all agree on everything?

I disagree with this statement when it comes to Austin Reaves. The 6'5" Fr PG is a legitimate PG and I thought he looked incredibly comfortable and surprisingly polished for a Fr in his first game coming out of a small high school.

One knowledgeable WSU fan (yes, there is one) referred to Reaves as having VanVleet-type basketball smarts. I think that's accurate.

Daishon Smith may be the quickest guard many of us will ever see at doing two things:

1) Getting to the hoop from the 3-point line
2) Getting pulled for a "coachable moment"

That last one is a joke - well, sort of.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 6th, 2016, 8:34 am

Encouraging exhibition for the Bears last night. Beat Missouri Baptist 93 - 72.

Newcomers looked good. Especially 6'9" Alize Johnson. This kid can really play. He's the most skilled big man I can remember in a bears uniform. He had 26 points and 11 boards. Can hit the three, handle the ball, and is a good rebounder. Plays with intensity on both ends. Rhodes is a 6' 6" forward with three point range. He had 11. Ronnie Rousseau is our new PG. He looked tentative early but seemed to find his confidence late. I think he'll be fine.

Returning players: Ruder is back and he looked good. Hit several shots and looked healthy and confident. Dixon looked great. Hit several jumpers which was the weak part of his game last year. Obi looks bigger and stronger. He and Alize together are really going to be difficult match up for the opposition inside with their size and athleticism. Kreklow played ok.

Downside: Our defense wasn't that good. Intensity was good but too many missed switches and too many open looks for the opposition. MO Baptist was over matched but they had some shooters. Kendrix and Jordan did not play due to "a violation of team rules". Hopefully not too serious. We need Chris.

Overall a very encouraging start.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 6th, 2016, 8:54 am

Aargh wrote:
Wufan wrote:The JUCOs and true freshman looked like it was their first time in front of 10000.

I disagree with this statement when it comes to Austin Reaves. The 6'5" Fr PG is a legitimate PG and I thought he looked incredibly comfortable and surprisingly polished for a Fr in his first game coming out of a small high school.

One knowledgeable WSU fan (yes, there is one) referred to Reaves as having VanVleet-type basketball smarts. I think that's accurate.

Daishon Smith may be the quickest guard many of us will ever see at doing two things:

The newcomers did some good and some bad, no doubt. I am high on AR, but I saw nothing last night that lead me to believe he would play more than 10-15 mpg this year (many other WSU fans disagree with this assessment). He has a very high ceiling.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » November 6th, 2016, 9:32 am

Wufan wrote:
Aargh wrote:

The newcomers did some good and some bad, no doubt. I am high on AR, but I saw nothing last night that lead me to believe he would play more than 10-15 mpg this year (many other WSU fans disagree with this assessment). He has a very high ceiling.

Will he play 10-15 in Atlantis? Probably not. Will he be playing that by the 2nd half of conference season. I absolutely believe so. And he may get there earlier than that.

He had a couple of FR moments, but his D was very good and the way he handled things for the most part were very encouraging. Four years of Austin with Landry could be something to see.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » November 6th, 2016, 11:05 am

glm38 wrote:Encouraging exhibition for the Bears last night. Beat Missouri Baptist 93 - 72.

Newcomers looked good. Especially 6'9" Alize Johnson. This kid can really play. He's the most skilled big man I can remember in a bears uniform. He had 26 points and 11 boards. Can hit the three, handle the ball, and is a good rebounder. Plays with intensity on both ends. Rhodes is a 6' 6" forward with three point range. He had 11. Ronnie Rousseau is our new PG. He looked tentative early but seemed to find his confidence late. I think he'll be fine.

Returning players: Ruder is back and he looked good. Hit several shots and looked healthy and confident. Dixon looked great. Hit several jumpers which was the weak part of his game last year. Obi looks bigger and stronger. He and Alize together are really going to be difficult match up for the opposition inside with their size and athleticism. Kreklow played ok.

Downside: Our defense wasn't that good. Intensity was good but too many missed switches and too many open looks for the opposition. MO Baptist was over matched but they had some shooters. Kendrix and Jordan did not play due to "a violation of team rules". Hopefully not too serious. We need Chris.

Overall a very encouraging start.

This Missouri State team is good folks. Get used to it.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball