Weekend 1 regular season MVC schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby isumvc1 » November 4th, 2016, 10:37 am

well, it all kicks off next Friday for real for MVC teams.

Can we, as a conference, do better than we did in 2015 where we were only .500 in Non Conference play?

Picks, predictions for your team(s)??

On paper only 4 of the games look like they'll be close, the two ISU games, the SIU game, and the Drake game.

Friday's games

Evansville @ Louisville

Illinois State @ Murray State

Indiana State @ Northern Illinois

Illinois-Springfield @ Bradley

Wright State @ Southern Illinois

South Carolina State @ Wichita State

Alabama A & M @ Missouri State

Alcorn State @ Loyola

South Dakota @ Drake

Saturday game

Coe @ Northern Iowa
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Weekend 1 regular season MVC schedule

Postby valleyclimber » November 6th, 2016, 9:53 am

Other than the UE/Louisville game, the other 9 games all look winnable, so out of the gate the Valley would be 9-1.

Completely agree that post-season tourney bids are made in the non-con season for many teams. For the MVC to climb back up the conference rankings board, then it's absolutely imperative that the Valley teams crush it in the non-con portion of the season.

So here's looking at ALL the Valley teams to set the bar high, go out and win like crazy in the non-con, so come the end of the season the MVC will be power ranked as a top 8 conference. Hovering around .500 in non-con is not acceptable. There are plenty of non-con opportunities for Valley teams to raise some eyebrows and grab some attention nationally. Just need that take-no-prisoners attitude during the non-con.

Alright, really looking forward to seeing how the MVC teams take it up a couple notches this season. :dance:
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby hot nuts » November 8th, 2016, 9:36 am

Saweet! Let's get it ON!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » November 8th, 2016, 9:50 am

Seriously can't wait until Friday. Get an overdose of Shocker Basketball.

Friday vs South Carolina State
Sunday vs Long Beach State
Wednesday vs Tulsa

All quality home games. 3 in 6 days. Can't wait ...
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » November 8th, 2016, 12:39 pm

valleyclimber wrote:Other than the UE/Louisville game, the other 9 games all look winnable, so out of the gate the Valley would be 9-1.

I am looking at 7-3. I think both ISU will have trouble. ISUb tends to struggle early in non conf and Northern Illinois is a decent team. I am also not sure if ISUr can win on the road at Murray St
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » November 8th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Old School MVC wrote:
valleyclimber wrote:Other than the UE/Louisville game, the other 9 games all look winnable, so out of the gate the Valley would be 9-1.

I am looking at 7-3. I think both ISU will have trouble. ISUb tends to struggle early in non conf and Northern Illinois is a decent team. I am also not sure if ISUr can win on the road at Murray St

Unfortunately, ISUr is down multiple players too. A couple to injury .. and maybe a couple to suspension (maybe).
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » November 8th, 2016, 3:36 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:

Unfortunately, ISUr is down multiple players too. A couple to injury .. and maybe a couple to suspension (maybe).

Has anyone gotten an update on any of those three? Anyone know if they're cleared? suspended? still pending?

Obviously the redshirt doesn't really matter for this year, but i hadn't heard anything from the others, especially Hawkins.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » November 8th, 2016, 4:05 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:I am looking at 7-3. I think both ISU will have trouble. ISUb tends to struggle early in non conf and Northern Illinois is a decent team. I am also not sure if ISUr can win on the road at Murray St

Has anyone gotten an update on any of those three? Anyone know if they're cleared? suspended? still pending?

Obviously the redshirt doesn't really matter for this year, but i hadn't heard anything from the others, especially Hawkins.

It was "handled internally". Hawkins was out of the Quincy Exhibition, but everyone else healthy/eligible played. My guess is that's the extent of the suspension. Hawkins was also reported to be at all team events and practices throughout the suspension.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » November 8th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:Has anyone gotten an update on any of those three? Anyone know if they're cleared? suspended? still pending?

It was "handled internally". Hawkins was out of the Quincy Exhibition, but everyone else healthy/eligible played. My guess is that's the extent of the suspension. Hawkins was also reported to be at all team events and practices throughout the suspension.

wow....
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » November 8th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Total joke..

If any of them are playing for the opener, you might as well just do whatever the **** you want in that rodeo.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball