Weekend 1 regular season MVC schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Weekend 1 regular season MVC schedule

Postby dabirds0987 » November 8th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Hawkins sat out both exhibition games.
Cooper sat out the first exhibition game.
The first exhibition game was a scrimmage.

I don't believe Yarbrough can play as he has to sit the year due to transferring to ISU.
dabirds0987
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » November 9th, 2016, 8:24 am

dabirds0987 wrote:Hawkins sat out both exhibition games.
Cooper sat out the first exhibition game.
The first exhibition game was a scrimmage.

I don't believe Yarbrough can play as he has to sit the year due to transferring to ISU.

You mean DJ Clayton (there is no Cooper on our team).

With that said, Dan Muller provides no transparency for any outsiders with his plans for any three players. So, we have no idea when/if Hawkins returns.
Clayton, as far as I know, has gotten NOTHING for stealing an iPhone and Wallet.

Makes it hard for me to root for a team whose coach values his wins over life lessons to a young athlete.

We will see with Hawkins when he returns....but Clayton has been playing with no repercussions as far as we know (again no transparency to the public).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » November 9th, 2016, 9:30 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Makes it hard for me to root for a team whose coach values his wins over life lessons to a young athlete.

Also makes it significantly easier for everyone else to root against.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » November 9th, 2016, 1:53 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Makes it hard for me to root for a team whose coach values his wins over life lessons to a young athlete.

Also makes it significantly easier for everyone else to root against.

So true on both accounts! Trust me...Redbird fans are finding it harder to root for this team too.

I would advise a word of caution though when pointing fingers in the world of college sports. These young adults are all on campuses full of alcohol, drugs and coeds so it only takes one bad night to end up in serious trouble. ISUr has had a run of issues in the past few years but no one in the Valley (or the NCAA) is ever immune to this problem.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » November 9th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Redhawk wrote:So true on both accounts! Trust me...Redbird fans are finding it harder to root for this team too.

I would advise a word of caution though when pointing fingers in the world of college sports. These young adults are all on campuses full of alcohol, drugs and coeds so it only takes one bad night to end up in serious trouble. ISUr has had a run of issues in the past few years but no one in the Valley (or the NCAA) is ever immune to this problem.

This is very true.

However, when the "run of issues in the past few years" keeps happening with really no disciplinary action by the program (at this point, someone above the head coach needs to be looking at this), it isn't just finger-pointing that something dumb happened once or a couple of times. It's that it happens repeatedly with NO consequences that brings so much attention and finger-pointing.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » November 9th, 2016, 2:33 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redhawk wrote:So true on both accounts! Trust me...Redbird fans are finding it harder to root for this team too.

This is very true.

However, when the "run of issues in the past few years" keeps happening with really no disciplinary action by the program (at this point, someone above the head coach needs to be looking at this), it isn't just finger-pointing that something dumb happened once or a couple of times. It's that it happens repeatedly with NO consequences that brings so much attention and finger-pointing.

Totally agree with you. The fan base is concerned about the number of issues and lack of real true consequences for some of these actions. Hopefully someone above Muller is looking over his shoulder because this has become a serious issue with the players he has brought in.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » November 9th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

This is very true.

Totally agree with you. The fan base is concerned about the number of issues and lack of real true consequences for some of these actions. Hopefully someone above Muller is looking over his shoulder because this has become a serious issue with the players he has brought in.

The only thing most people on the redbird message board (not a full representation of that fan base, obviously) are talking about is how much more they would be willing to stomach in order to win.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dabirds0987 » November 9th, 2016, 7:20 pm

Lots of assumptions about ISU. "no disciplanary action" "no consequences" "someone above the head coach not looking into it"

To get us back on topic, I will assume WSU will win. A lot of home games. 8-2.

Evansville @ Louisville L

Illinois State @ Murray State W

Indiana State @ Northern Illinois W

Illinois-Springfield @ Bradley W

Wright State @ Southern Illinois L

South Carolina State @ Wichita State W

Alabama A & M @ Missouri State W

Alcorn State @ Loyola W

South Dakota @ Drake W

Saturday game

Coe @ Northern Iowa W
dabirds0987
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby specialsauce » November 9th, 2016, 7:36 pm

dabirds0987 wrote:Lots of assumptions about ISU. "no disciplanary action" "no consequences" "someone above the head coach not looking into it"

Ok. Prove those assumptions wrong.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » November 9th, 2016, 7:47 pm

specialsauce wrote:
dabirds0987 wrote:Lots of assumptions about ISU. "no disciplanary action" "no consequences" "someone above the head coach not looking into it"

Ok. Prove those assumptions wrong.

I wouldn't even ask for proof of that...only that what is being done is successful. What are the desired results? Hopefully less trouble. What are the actual results? Continued issues. If there are consequences, disciplinary actions, and someone looking into it, then they aren't doing very well.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball