November 21st - 25th MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: November 21st - 25th MVC games

Postby Wufan » November 21st, 2016, 6:46 pm

Brot4britu wrote:Loyola's RAMBLERS posted a new look in the Paradise JAM against decent competition. They ran and ran !! In the WSU Cougar game they defeated a MUCH taller team rather handily--
Our League may like --or dislike (If it has a mind to do so, a vastly different Moser coached team. Now 5-1 !!

Congrats to LUC! Keep em coming. Something that's been missing the last few years is third and fourth place teams in the top 100. Between WSU, UNI, ISUr, MSU, LUC, and ISUb (?) we have a shot at four.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AceMatt » November 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm

Outstanding job by Moser. Add Loyola to the list of contenders for Wichita's title
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Play Angry » November 21st, 2016, 7:02 pm

Good job LUC.

Frustrating losses for Bradley and ISUr.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » November 21st, 2016, 7:03 pm

AceMatt wrote:Outstanding job by Moser. Add Loyola to the list of contenders for Wichita's title

:lol:
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby specialsauce » November 21st, 2016, 7:03 pm

I expected our second best team to win a game against the Big XII doormat. Not a good look.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » November 21st, 2016, 9:03 pm

specialsauce wrote:I expected our second best team to win a game against the Big XII doormat. Not a good look.

If ISU-R is our 2nd best team this year then we are really in trouble.

Thankfully, I don't think they will be that.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby shockalot » November 21st, 2016, 9:08 pm

Have to put UNI above ISUr, and at this point I could see Ill.St. possibly getting beaten out for 3rd.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » November 21st, 2016, 9:11 pm

AceMatt wrote:Outstanding job by Moser. Add Loyola to the list of contenders for Wichita's title

As a homer I love hearing this. But I don't think we're quite there yet... at least for the regular season title. I need to see Moser put together a winning conference record. I think 9-10 conference wins would be reasonable assuming things progress as most expect this team to. We could certainly give Wichita a run in the regular season game (we always seem to play them tight at least once a year). And for whatever reason our team always steps it up against Ben Jacobson (3-3 in the regular season; sweeping last season). But both those programs have a consistent winning pedigrees.

If we can get our second winning season in 3 years I think we would be in good position to be a consistent top 4 threat for the foreseeable future given our recent successes on the recruiting trail. But it's still early. Gotta keep winning. And this all said I'm still tentative when it comes to our chances at NC State... if it we're home I'd say we have a decent shot... but this is a real tough test.

More importantly are the positives for this team. They are really pesky on defense and the offense is the best I've ever seen down by the lake. Crisp passing and great ball movement. Richardson could make the all defensive Valley Team; he's already got 13 steals on the season, though somehow that's only second with Jeremy Morgan already at 16 (!?!?!).

This is the first season in which almost every single player is a Valley recruit (Doyle the lone exception) and it really shows. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come; it's nice to see some support from other Valley fans. Appreciate the respect some of ya'll show the program! Hopefully they continue to rep the conference well.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 22nd, 2016, 6:38 am

For the top half of the Valley, here's the weaknesses I see:

1. WSU hasn't shown any yet, so we will say their weakness is a lack of competition.
2. ISUr is a severe lack of depth.
3. UNI maybe youth at the point? Pretty salty team, so that's all I can come up with.
4. MSU is interior defense
5. LUC is a lack of height

Overall, this might be our strongest top 5 in years.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » November 22nd, 2016, 8:00 am

Dick Vitale will be broadcasting the Indiana State - Iowa State game from Florida Thursday. Not often we get to have Dickie V broadcast our games.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball