Road Warriors

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Road Warriors

Postby LanceShock » January 18th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Are most people in the Wichita area alumni, or have grown up there most of their lives? If so then it definitely makes sense why it should the hottest ticket in town since they've been been invested since they were young. Not a lot of pro sports in Kansas so it seems like Wichita and KU basketball are really what everyone pays attention to. Whereas Illinois has many D1 schools and pro sport teams that people gravitate to. It is pathetic that we can't have a better home attendance consistently but if your not invested in isu young from growing up there or an alumni then I doubt you really care to go to the game. For example I live like 20-25 minutes from Northern Illinois university and I could care less to go to a bball or football game since i never grew up right in town or am an alumni. Sorry for all the rambling not even sure if all that makes sense lol

Bottom line- I wish we had wsu attendance numbers as the kids on our team deserve better than just 4,000 seats filled or so

There are a pretty good number of WSU/KU/KSU alumni in the area. You are right that KU and WSU basketball are what people really pay attention to. The Royals and the Chiefs get some attention as well. A lot of basketball fans who move here end up becoming either KU or WSU fans, at least in the Wichita area. I personally haven't run into too many KSU fans in Wichita who weren't alumni, but there could be some. My boss is from New York and became a KU fan while his boss is a Nebraska alumni and a Shocker fan.

Hopefully Illinois State can sustain some success. That would improve the attendance numbers some.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: Road Warriors

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball