Arch madness seeding

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch madness seeding

Postby chitown fanatic » February 6th, 2017, 12:09 pm

BU only needs to be 4-2, as long as it beats UNI again as one of the four, and Drake doesn't also share the same record as BU and UNI at 8-10. If the above happens and its only UNI and BU at 8-10, UNI plays in and BU is the 6. We need Drake to get to 11 losses as quickly as possible. The even more implausible scenario that BU wins at UNI and Drake would give BU the 3 way tiebreaker as well. The league is so bad...anything is possible
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby chitown fanatic » February 6th, 2017, 12:11 pm

And Thanks Hacksaw!
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 6th, 2017, 12:17 pm

uniftw wrote:
chitown fanatic wrote:I wouldn't lock UNI into that mix just yet...if BU wins Wednesday and loses Saturday, UNI will likely still need to beat BU next week to get out of PIG mess for good. FWIW, I think MSU and Lusk are the real candidates to go 1-5 down the stretch and play on Thursday. Marty did BU a big favor Saturday. BU fans are big SIU fans the rest of the way against whoever they play until mvc tourney as well.

Sure, we aren't locked out of being a PIG yet, but it's pretty damn close if for no other reason than having a 2 game lead on Drake. Drake needs to finish with more wins because UNI won both games this year. Pretend both finish at 7-11 in conference play (that's UNI going 1-5 and Drake going 2-4). UNI still finishes a head of Drake. UNI has games left against Bradley, ISUb, MSU, ISUr, WSU and SIU). In theory (yes, anything can happen) UNI has at least 2 wins left, likely 3 and maybe 4. For Drake to pass UNI they are likely going to have to go a minimum of 4-2 down the stretch. Bradley needs to go 5-1 to have a chance, but the RPI won't catch UNI so they need to go 6-0 and have UNI win 3 or less to avoid PIG.

Bradley probably can't catch UNI unless we somehow win in Cedar Falls, so excluding that, Bradley's path to top 6 is through Drake and Missouri St. If we go 4-2 in our last 6 (beating Evansville, ISUb, MSU and @Drake) and get to 8-10, that would likely pass Drake for sure and we would have to hope MSU goes 1-5 (including the Bradley loss so 1-4 in the other 5) for us to pass them. But those other 5 games are Wichita (x2), UNI, ISUr, and @Drake. Certainly within the realm of possibilty, albeit unlikely.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby chitown fanatic » February 6th, 2017, 1:13 pm

The problem is I don't think theres any way we beat drake on senior day
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Khan4Cats » February 6th, 2017, 2:41 pm

I don't think anyone is out of the woods until they can get to 9 wins. Missouri State sure looks to have a bit of a gauntlet with the Shockers twice down the stretch-gotta love Valley scheduling.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 6th, 2017, 2:57 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:The problem is I don't think theres any way we beat drake on senior day

We're more likely to beat Drake on the road than UNI on the road IMO. Granted we're grasping at straws here but if we're talking what's most "likely" to happen, I think Drake and MSU are the two teams we have a chance to pass.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » February 6th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Bears fans have resigned themselves to the possibility the Bears may not win another game this year.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » February 6th, 2017, 10:49 pm

bleach wrote:Bears fans have resigned themselves to the possibility the Bears may not win another game this year.

That's unreal. I'm not saying MSU has WSU or ISUr talent, but they've got talent. More than enough to compete for a top 3 finish or even better with a couple of breaks.

Used to think MSU fans were a little tough on Lusk but man I don't know, they should be a lot better than this.

I do have a question for Bear fans, is it me, or does HCPL really enjoy calling timeouts right after MSU scores? It seems to kill momentum and I personally hate that kind of timeout. Or am I just remembering a few oddities here and there?
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » February 7th, 2017, 3:53 am

He does it EVERY game usually around the 14 minute mark. It's his trademark move. It is a total waste of a timeout and usually comes at the most positive moment he can find when WE have momentum of some sort.

As far as top 3 talent, look at our schedule and results and find even one game that a good coach couldn't have made the difference in. It is possible the Bears could be leading the league right now just based on results so far with even a slightly better coach.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 7th, 2017, 6:34 am

Did Ronnie Russou leave the team?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball