1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 19th, 2017, 11:04 pm

If you've been paying attention, how can anyone keep Landy Shamet off the 1st team? Forget he's a freshman and look at the impact he's had on WSU's success in the league.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockem » February 20th, 2017, 7:26 am

I'm fairly confident that Shamet will be voted on by people that matter. The biggest concern is having multiple worthy choices, like McDuffie/Shamet, or Lee/Hawkins/McIntosh, taking votes from each other. I can see guys like Doyle or A. Johnson getting 1st team because they are logical choices and will collect a lot of votes, bumping some of the guys above down to 2nd team.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » February 20th, 2017, 9:44 am

Shamet > McDuffie

Both are tremendous talents, but Shamet transitioning to the point has made Wichita so much better and he fills up the stat sheet better than anyone on the team. Maybe Duff gets the nod because he's a SO and had the expectations prior to the season, but if I'm choosing one guy from our team, it's Shamet.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » February 20th, 2017, 12:57 pm

shockem wrote:I'm fairly confident that Shamet will be voted on by people that matter. The biggest concern is having multiple worthy choices, like McDuffie/Shamet, or Lee/Hawkins/McIntosh, taking votes from each other. I can see guys like Doyle or A. Johnson getting 1st team because they are logical choices and will collect a lot of votes, bumping some of the guys above down to 2nd team.

This is a VERY Valid point. There are a lot of choices for the 4th or 5th spot, and when WSU and ISUr players stealing each others votes it could get interesting.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » February 20th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Who are the "most improved" and all-bench team candidates out there this year?

For WSU MIP, Morris, Frankamp, and McDuffie are all solid choices, but I'd have to think it's Rauno Nurger. Willis as all bench team if he qualifies. If not Nurger and Rashard Kelly.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 21st, 2017, 6:05 pm

Wufan wrote:Who are the "most improved" and all-bench team candidates out there this year?

For WSU MIP, Morris, Frankamp, and McDuffie are all solid choices, but I'd have to think it's Rauno Nurger. Willis as all bench team if he qualifies. If not Nurger and Rashard Kelly.

I actually think McDuffie has stepped back if anything. Not saying he's not good but he was FOY last year and really thrived on being the 3rd option.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » February 21st, 2017, 6:24 pm

bleach wrote:
Wufan wrote:Who are the "most improved" and all-bench team candidates out there this year?

I actually think McDuffie has stepped back if anything. Not saying he's not good but he was FOY last year and really thrived on being the 3rd option.

Stepped back from last year? You obviously have missed a lot of games. His scoring has improved but he has improved more in his other skills. Recently he has been sped up on offense but he has been our leading rebounder most of the time. He is around 12.0 points a game and 6.0 rebounds. This a definite improvement from 7. And 4. And we haven't even talked about his defense which has improved exponentially.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 21st, 2017, 6:57 pm

bleach wrote:

McDuffie would be my fourth option of those I listed. That said, his stats overall and stats per 40 are up across the board. He's also the most efficient offensive player in the MVC. I don't understand how he could have stepped back.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 21st, 2017, 7:55 pm

WSU Most Improved is Rauno Nurger, hands down. All Bench you could go with Nurger, Rashard Kelly or Darral Willis.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » February 21st, 2017, 9:01 pm

JR Simon All-bench team??
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball