1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby Stickboy46 » February 22nd, 2017, 10:13 am

Shamet has to be first team. I think Frankamp deserves 2nd team IMO. McDuffie could be either.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 8:29 pm

Shamet > Lee
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 22nd, 2017, 11:07 pm

The "share the wealth" attitude among the voters would be the only reason to not have Shamet and McDuffie on the 1st team.

Alize Johnson benefits from playing on a team where he gets a lot of minutes and doesn't have much competition from his teammates for points and boards.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 23rd, 2017, 8:12 am

Cdizzle wrote:Shamet > Lee

Hard to argue right now. 5 turnovers last night...I think 3 in a row at one point.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 23rd, 2017, 8:17 am

Objectively speaking, Shamet is a first teamer hands down. McDuffie has the name recognition and was FOY and even leads the team in scoring and rebounding, but IMO, is a very good secondary player at WSU. Shamet is the guy leading the team and creating nightmares for opposing coaches. I would put McDuffie, and possibly either Frankamp or Morris on 2nd team. As for others in the league, Lee is an obvious 1st teamer. Alize Johnson puts up ridiculous scoring AND rebounding numbers and is the other obvious 1st teamer. Jaylon Brown is a good shooter, but he runs through 4 screens to get his shot off. Not his fault, but I'm not rewarding anyone that has an offense designed to get you 15+ shots a game. I actually like Ryan Taylor at Evansville, as a player, more than Jaylon Brown. The other 2 1st team spots are probably between McIntosh (chances are fading), Hawkins (solid choice), J Morgan (solid overall game, respected across the league), and maybe McDuffie.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUFAN » February 23rd, 2017, 10:29 pm

My first team would be Lee, Hawkins, Shamet, McDuffie, Johnson
Second team: Doyle, Brown, Franenkamp, McIntosh, O'Brien (if you don't want a 4th Shocker - Shaq)
WSUFAN
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Redbird Recon » February 23rd, 2017, 10:50 pm

I think Lee wins POY with a win on Saturday as more of a career achievement award.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUFAN » February 23rd, 2017, 11:10 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:I think Lee wins POY with a win on Saturday as more of a career achievement award.

Agree with this.
WSUFAN
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby glm38 » February 24th, 2017, 5:35 am

Aargh wrote:The "share the wealth" attitude among the voters would be the only reason to not have Shamet and McDuffie on the 1st team.

Alize Johnson benefits from playing on a team where he gets a lot of minutes and doesn't have much competition from his teammates for points and boards.

Johnson also plays for the worst coach in the league. Despite his abilities he gets almost no set plays called for him. In our horrendous offense he has to work extremely hard for everything.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ISUSOX13 » February 24th, 2017, 7:04 am

WSUFAN wrote:My first team would be Lee, Hawkins, Shamet, McDuffie, Johnson
Second team: Doyle, Brown, Franenkamp, McIntosh, O'Brien (if you don't want a 4th Shocker - Shaq)

Looks like a very good list to me. I think you can go either way on Doyle/Johnson for the non ISU/WSU spot on the first team.
ISUSOX13
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball