21%
Northern Iowa
16%
Someone Else
13%

Total votes : 77

Re: Who wins in St. Louis

Postby Rollbird5 » February 13th, 2017, 3:49 pm

I voted for isu cuz I'm a homer. But if you look at the past isu historically will choke at some point in the tourney and UNi has shown they can put together a 3 day stretch and win the whole thing. This year isu is better than they have been and UNI is a little worse but I can see why UNI would have more votes than isu. We have to prove we can win it before I would expect people to vote for us
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » February 13th, 2017, 4:02 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Horn28Clem30 wrote:
uniftw wrote:I'd bet less than half the UNI votes are UNI fans...

I voted WSU.

I would love to know what fan base would actually have voted for UNI that aren't UNI fans.

I also went Shox. MM makes a difference, but not the 55 point swing we saw between the two games. Plus, if it comes down to coaching, it's really not a fair fight...

So there's 2 UNI fans going WSU.

How many are there really?

Myself, BC, and Khan have been relatively consistent on being here all year. 1983 is normally pretty consistent on being around but hard to blame him for not being around much this year with how bad we were for a month. The only two who are "new" jegbomb and achrist who started the poll.

So say there are 6 UNI fans, and 2 of us voted for WSU....where are the other 4 votes for UNI coming from?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 13th, 2017, 4:14 pm

No way should UNI have more votes than ISUr. No way in hell.

What is the collective IQ of the 8 people who voted UNI over WSU? That's insanity. I think WSU beats them by 50 points in their next matchup.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » February 13th, 2017, 4:16 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:No way should UNI have more votes than ISUr. No way in hell.

What is the collective IQ of the 8 people who voted UNI over WSU? That's insanity. I think WSU beats them by 50 points in their next matchup.

Which would make UNI essentially equivalent with ISUr.....
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 13th, 2017, 4:20 pm

uniftw wrote:

That's a deep burn.

Though it would have a little more sting if UNI had been 30 points better at home against WSU and if UNI played @WSU without Morgan.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » February 13th, 2017, 4:23 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
uniftw wrote:

That's a deep burn.

Though it would have a little more sting if UNI had been 30 points better at home against WSU and if UNI played @WSU without Morgan.

Agreed. Not a perfect burn, but still worth throwing out there.

To be fair, i know you don't think so, UNI is playing a bit better than they were Jan 8th. I doubt we win, but I don't think it'll be a 41 point loss. Could be as we may not score 50, but our defense has been good enough not to allow a ton of points recently. We'll see.

To be fair, UNI isn't real good this year and getting blown the f*** out wouldn't be unexpected. Illinois State is supposed to be unstoppable on every level by anyone in the nation....and then lost by 41
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 13th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
uniftw wrote:

That's a deep burn.

So right Cdizzle...no MM and I guess we played a walk-on 12 minutes in that game.

I'm just happy uniftw is alive. I posted in January that I was worried for his own well-being. He disappeared when his team was struggling....strange how that happens.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 13th, 2017, 4:28 pm

uniftw wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
uniftw wrote:That's a deep burn.

Agreed. Not a perfect burn, but still worth throwing out there.

To be fair, i know you don't think so, UNI is playing a bit better than they were Jan 8th. I doubt we win, but I don't think it'll be a 41 point loss. Could be as we may not score 50, but our defense has been good enough not to allow a ton of points recently. We'll see.

To be fair, UNI isn't real good this year and getting blown the f*** out wouldn't be unexpected. Illinois State is supposed to be unstoppable on every level by anyone in the nation....and then lost by 41

Your defense has been better, though the competition has been suspect. WSU is far and away the best offensive team in the conference. ISU has the best defense and WSU still dropped 86 on them.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sivert » February 13th, 2017, 5:02 pm

Haha. IQ has nothing to do with it. My IQ is about 145, but I also didn't take the poll very seriously. It's a FAN site poll. People vote based on some combination of what we think will happen, what we think might happen, what we hope will happen, and what we enjoyed happening last year.

I do think that once the at large chances dried up (before conference start or by the first couple losses), coach Jake began to treat games more like scrimmages. Yes, win if you can, but work on the things you need to work on. We're getting our defense figured out - and that's a big deal.

That said, can we repeat last year's Arch performance? Wow. This year will be so much tougher than last year. WSU is so deep, which will be huge playing three days in a row. And VERY unlikely that someone will do us the favor of knocking WSU off early so we don't have to face them.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby purple&orange » February 13th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Being the clear #3 this season to me doesn't mean much. The #3 has a ton more in common with the Thursday night teams than it does either Wichita State or Illinois State. With that said, I would give UNI a nod over anyone else in that group of 8 merely because of their style of play, typically grind it out games which tend to be closer than an up and down game. Combine that with a guy like Morgan who can have a big game and they are the most capable. However I think it's far too much to ask to have one team on back to back days beat Wichita and Illinois State and I don't see either team getting upset before the finals.

A lack of consistency is what has doomed everyone else and playing three games in three days and having to beat two teams on back to back days that are more talented I think is too much to overcome. The 3-6 and 4-5 should be very competitive on Friday.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball