MVC targeting Valpo & Murray State to create 11 team league

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC targeting Valpo & Murray State to create 11 team lea

Postby Bjhracer » May 1st, 2017, 7:03 pm

That was my post and it was nothing more than hearsay. A rumor. As JoeD said no real info. I spoke to a gentleman who had just spoke to coach Stewart. He said Stewart was assured a conference move would include all sports. That's really the just of it. Im sure the Admin will do whatever necessary to accept the invite if we are lucky enough to get one.
Bjhracer
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » May 1st, 2017, 7:16 pm

There aren't words to describe how stupid turning down the Valley because of FCS football would be.

If I had my way, UNI would drop football tomorrow and we've been historically very good.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » May 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm

Bjhracer wrote:That was my post and it was nothing more than hearsay. A rumor. As JoeD said no real info. I spoke to a gentleman who had just spoke to coach Stewart. He said Stewart was assured a conference move would include all sports. That's really the just of it. Im sure the Admin will do whatever necessary to accept the invite if we are lucky enough to get one.

:+1:
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleydays » May 1st, 2017, 7:30 pm

Bjhracer wrote:That was my post and it was nothing more than hearsay. A rumor. As JoeD said no real info. I spoke to a gentleman who had just spoke to coach Stewart. He said Stewart was assured a conference move would include all sports. That's really the just of it. Im sure the Admin will do whatever necessary to accept the invite if we are lucky enough to get one.

Maybe I read too much into it. Your Racer board post was "I was told yesterday that when coach Stewart talked to Alan Ward, Ward told him they would not accept any invite unless football was included." That's different from "a conference move would include all sports." Or at least the meaning is different to me.

OK, nothing to see here, I guess.
valleydays
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby RacerJoeD » May 1st, 2017, 7:38 pm

Simple misunderstanding. I swear, we all just need some info here.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MolineRacer » May 1st, 2017, 8:18 pm

Murray State will not base their decision on FCS football. I assure you. We are a basketball school and our administrators know it. Whether football comes with or not, if we get an invite we will accept it.
MolineRacer
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby RacerJoeD » May 1st, 2017, 8:30 pm

MolineRacer wrote:Murray State will not base their decision on FCS football. I assure you. We are a basketball school and our administrators know it. Whether football comes with or not, if we get an invite we will accept it.

:+1: :+1:
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » May 1st, 2017, 9:15 pm

I think the football schedules can be rigged to have them miss the Dakotas as much as possible. MuSt doesn't want to particularly play them, and frankly I'm betting the likes of NDSU would rather skip them as well.

Saying that MuSt is willing to be a constant doormat in the MVCF might be taking it too far, but I get the sense they won't care too much if that ends up happening.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Bjhracer » May 1st, 2017, 9:57 pm

It has been a while since we won a conference title in football. I believe it was against Tony Romo and EIU.
Bjhracer
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Stickboy46 » May 2nd, 2017, 9:53 am

According to Mark Adams on Twitter. A source confirmed that Valpo will be the one to replace WSU. No additional adds. No vote/invite yet.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball