Goal #1: Become Multi-Bid Conf. Again

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Goal #1: Become Multi-Bid Conf. Again

Postby Redhawk » May 11th, 2017, 10:42 am

Love all the pizzas mentioned but prefer Malnotti's

As for Beef actually like Buona Beef the best!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » May 11th, 2017, 10:45 am

uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:
Also two genuine questions: Thoughts on Deep Dish? And where'd you snag those Complete sports numbers, I believe em, just curious!

1. I didn't like Loyola from the very start. That's never been a secret. It is because they were/are a horrible athletic department and they represent everything wrong with this conference.

2. Deep dish if you want it. IDGAF either way. Give me carbs, cheese, meet, and sauce any way you want and I'll eat it.

3. Numbers are straight from the MVC website with standings for each sport.

Loyola's finishes by sport (most recent first
M Basketball 5 8 6 10 of 10
M Cross Country 5 6 7 2 of 9
M Golf 9 9 7 9 of 9
M Soccer 1 5 5 4 of 5
M I T&F 8 6 3 6 of 7
M O T&F TBD 8 5 4 of 8
W Basketball 10 5 9 8 of 10
W Cross Country 6 4 6 4 of 10
W Golf 7 6 7 9 of 10
W Soccer 6 2 6 3 of 7
Softball 8 10 9 7 of 10
W I T&F 8 9 9 4 of 9
W O T&F TBD 9 9 7 of 9
Volleyball 6 6 7 7 of 10

Could you link me? I don't think you're making it up, these just aren't all accurate. I guess maybe their numbers taking W/L's after the conference tournament since we were the 7 seed last year in MBB, and while we finished second in the Conference tournament in Women's soccer last year i don't think we were the two seed.. There's also more than 5 teams in MVC soccer.

hahaha also i give up; i'm out of my depth. I don't think ya'll are jailbirds. But i see it on here a bunch, my beef was only with Hawkins.

Speaking of beef, Buona Beef is super clutch though. Johnny's beef is also stellar but there's only one or two locations.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » May 11th, 2017, 10:54 am

Blers wrote:
uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:
Also two genuine questions: Thoughts on Deep Dish? And where'd you snag those Complete sports numbers, I believe em, just curious!

1. I didn't like Loyola from the very start. That's never been a secret. It is because they were/are a horrible athletic department and they represent everything wrong with this conference.

2. Deep dish if you want it. IDGAF either way. Give me carbs, cheese, meet, and sauce any way you want and I'll eat it.

3. Numbers are straight from the MVC website with standings for each sport.

Loyola's finishes by sport (most recent first
M Basketball 5 8 6 10 of 10
M Cross Country 5 6 7 2 of 9
M Golf 9 9 7 9 of 9
M Soccer 1 5 5 4 of 5
M I T&F 8 6 3 6 of 7
M O T&F TBD 8 5 4 of 8
W Basketball 10 5 9 8 of 10
W Cross Country 6 4 6 4 of 10
W Golf 7 6 7 9 of 10
W Soccer 6 2 6 3 of 7
Softball 8 10 9 7 of 10
W I T&F 8 9 9 4 of 9
W O T&F TBD 9 9 7 of 9
Volleyball 6 6 7 7 of 10

Could you link me? I don't think you're making it up, these just aren't all accurate. I guess maybe their numbers taking W/L's after the conference tournament since we were the 7 seed last year in MBB, and while we finished second in the Conference tournament in Women's soccer last year i don't think we were the two seed.. There's also more than 5 teams in MVC soccer.

hahaha also i give up; i'm out of my depth. I don't think ya'll are jailbirds. But i see it on here a bunch, my beef was only with Hawkins.

Speaking of beef, Buona Beef is super clutch though. Johnny's beef is also stellar but there's only one or two locations.

There are five members of the Valley that play soccer and full time members of the Valley. Central Arkansas and SIUE play soccer in the Valley to get the number to seven. My guess, but just a guess.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » May 11th, 2017, 11:02 am

Blers wrote:

http://www.mvc-sports.com/ Follow the links under "Championships" for each year.

16/17: http://www.mvc-sports.com/championships ... RSYIusrL4Y
15/16: http://www.mvc-sports.com/championships ... RSYNusrL4Y
14/15: http://www.mvc-sports.com/championships ... RSYQ-srL4Y
13/14: http://www.mvc-sports.com/championships ... RSYUOsrL4Y

I went through every single sport in that list. I used the MVC criteria for getting the numbers. The MVC All Sports Trophy criteria is

http://www.mvc-sports.com/awards/allspo ... RSYeusrL4Y
The All-Sports Trophy is based on a school’s average finish in each of the sponsored championships by the Missouri Valley Conference. Teams are awarded one point for first, two for second, three for third, etc., and the total accumulated points are divided by the number of sports in which a particular school competes. Finishes in baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball are based on regular-season competition. All other sports are determined by finish at the championship tournament or championship meet.

Thus for baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball I grabbed the regular season standings for each - listed on the link for each year. For all other sports I followed the link to the final results of the conference meet/tournament and pulled final standings from there.

Yes, mens soccer has 7 teams - two of them aren't MVC teams. Thus when I said out of 5 I was referring to out of 5 MVC teams.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » May 11th, 2017, 11:14 am

Did quick math for a 4 year rolling average on the All Sports Scores

1- WSU 2.22
2- SIU 3.92
3- ISUR 4.35
4- UNI 4.37
5- ISUB 4.80
6- MSU 4.87
7- DU 5.92
8- BU 5.93
9- UE 6.40
10- LUC 6.50

Hmm...

WSU clearly outgrew the league. So be it.
SIU has very strong "non-revenue" sports
ISUr and UNI are almost identical and really not far off of SIU. What hurts UNI is womens XC and Golf. Those are 7-10 every year. ISUr doesn't have a boat anchor like UNI, but more in the middle.

ISUB is much higher than I'd have guess. Their XC and Indoor and Outdoor T&F teams are top 2-3 every year. Thats 6 of their 13 scored sports in the top 4 every year. That helps.
MSU is just consistently "meh" across all sports. Middle of the pack finishes in almost all of them every year.

Then there's a massive drop to the 4 private schools.

Drake is carries by stronger womens teams, in relation to the rest of the privates.
Bradley, like ISUb, uses strong finishes in non-revenues - MXC, Soccer, WXC, baseball. Really bad everywhere else though.

UE and LUC? Man, that's just gross to look at. Almost all of their sports are bottom/bottom 3 with very few exceptions.

I'll put together a list for every school like I did for LUC. I have the numbers, it's just organizing them.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 11th, 2017, 11:24 am

uniftw wrote:Did quick math for a 4 year rolling average on the All Sports Scores

1- WSU 2.22
2- SIU 3.92
3- ISUR 4.35
4- UNI 4.37
5- ISUB 4.80
6- MSU 4.87
7- DU 5.92
8- BU 5.93
9- UE 6.40
10- LUC 6.50

Hmm...

ISUr and UNI are almost identical and really not far off of SIU. What hurts UNI is womens XC and Golf. Those are 7-10 every year. ISUr doesn't have a boat anchor like UNI, but more in the middle.

ISUB is much higher than I'd have guess. Their XC and Indoor and Outdoor T&F teams are top 2-3 every year. Thats 6 of their 13 scored sports in the top 4 every year. That helps.
MSU is just consistently "meh" across all sports. Middle of the pack finishes in almost all of them every year.

Drake is carries by stronger womens teams, in relation to the rest of the privates.
Bradley, like ISUb, uses strong finishes in non-revenues - MXC, Soccer, WXC, baseball. Really bad everywhere else though.

UE and LUC? Man, that's just gross to look at. Almost all of their sports are bottom/bottom 3 with very few exceptions.

I'll put together a list for every school like I did for LUC. I have the numbers, it's just organizing them.

Boy the privates really suck. So, let's add another one! Wahoo.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 11th, 2017, 11:25 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
uniftw wrote:Did quick math for a 4 year rolling average on the All Sports Scores

1- WSU 2.22
2- SIU 3.92
3- ISUR 4.35
4- UNI 4.37
5- ISUB 4.80
6- MSU 4.87
7- DU 5.92
8- BU 5.93
9- UE 6.40
10- LUC 6.50

Hmm...

Boy the privates really suck. So, let's add another one! Wahoo.

The guys in charge don't care about athletics and adding the best. They think prestige is much more important.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » May 11th, 2017, 11:41 am

Redhawk wrote:I can't read your mind but when you say "I couldn't label them all" it essentially means that
the majority are thugs..but not all.

That IS labeling a team as a bunch of "jail birds" which was a very nice subtle pun on your part.
Maybe you just subconsciously hate the Redbirds!

If the jumpsuit fits...
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 11th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redhawk wrote:I can't read your mind but when you say "I couldn't label them all" it essentially means that

That IS labeling a team as a bunch of "jail birds" which was a very nice subtle pun on your part.

If the jumpsuit fits...

Still here? I think we need a restraining order on some of these WSU fans.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » May 11th, 2017, 12:14 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

If the jumpsuit fits...

Still here? I think we need a restraining order on some of these WSU fans.

As an ISU fan, I'm sure you're very familiar with those types of things. Your basketball program is so good at handling them. I assume it will be handled internally.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball