Serious Question

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Serious Question

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2017, 12:18 pm

you can tell me that 15 times. Doesn't mean I buy it. They can show me a receipt. Doesn't mean I buy it. That stuff can be fabricated. You don't spend 3 times the amount of every other school without serious money. WSU doesn't make THAT much more money than the rest of the MVC so there is serious money coming in from backers. I don't buy a word of it.
Last edited by Jsnhbe1Birds on May 10th, 2017, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Ive also been told OJ, Casey Anthony, Aaron Hernandez, and George Zimmerman were not guilty. Doesn't mean I believe it.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Despite whatever report you have says I bet my right nut the Koch(s) give at least enough each season to cover the cost of Marshall's salary. WSU doesn't want to look like a charity case. Of course they don't publicize it.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » May 10th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Play Angry wrote:No matter how many times it is patiently explained that the Koch brothers gave the program next to no support for decades and now provide a very small percentage of the athletic department and basketball programs respective budgets, the myth persists that they enjoy a hegemonic role in financing WSU athletics (and particularly basketball).

It is frequently repeated on the ISUr board far more than the other MVC schools. I do not really understand why, but that is what I've noticed.

Your arena is named after Charles Koch ( $6 million gift.)
Your coach is still there because Mr. Koch sweetened the package for 3G to stay.

It's common knowledge and not a bad thing. No reason to hide or dispute it.
I wish ISUr had a rich benefactor!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 10th, 2017, 12:27 pm

We already had this argument about the Koch brothers and the Shocker posters backed off when my argument showed them this:

No the Kochs aren't outrageously huge yearly givers to the athletic fund of the school.

However, they are huge givers as an EMERGENCY FUND for the University. Like when Alabama offered $4 million+ per year and the Kochs came to the rescue by giving Marshall that huge raise.

There are 9 (now 10) other members in the MVC that lose that coach after a $4 million+ offer comes in. Koch's kept Marshall around a few years ago. There was an article I posted that explained they lead the charge in keeping him there after Alabama showed him the $$$$.

Denying this fact is ignorant. The emergency fund is alive and well.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IWokeUpLikeThis » May 10th, 2017, 12:29 pm

IWokeUpLikeThis wrote:Just read the thread. Someone needs to disable Jsnhbe1Birds' keyboard.
IWokeUpLikeThis
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » May 10th, 2017, 12:33 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:We already had this argument about the Koch brothers and the Shocker posters backed off when my argument showed them this:

No the Kochs aren't outrageously huge yearly givers to the athletic fund of the school.

However, they are huge givers as an EMERGENCY FUND for the University. Like when Alabama offered $4 million+ per year and the Kochs came to the rescue by giving Marshall that huge raise.

There are 9 (now 10) other members in the MVC that lose that coach after a $4 million+ offer comes in. Koch's kept Marshall around a few years ago. There was an article I posted that explained they lead the charge in keeping him there after Alabama showed him the $$$$.

Denying this fact is ignorant. The emergency fund is alive and well.

Spreading 'info' that you know nothing about is beyond ignorant. It's just making stuff up to fit whatever narrative you want that month.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Like he said it's not a bad thing. I also with ISUr had a billionaire backing them. Why are you so defensive about it.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 10th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Make MVC Great Again wrote:So where would have Villanova, Providence, Marquette, Rutgers, and Seton Hall have gone?

They were all in the original Big East!

I meant how people were talking about how the Valley should have added Butler and some other schools to keep Creighton and Wichita State.

I meant where would these schools have gone if the new Big East was never created.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2017, 12:40 pm

IWokeUpLikeThis wrote:
IWokeUpLikeThis wrote:Just read the thread. Someone needs to disable Jsnhbe1Birds' keyboard.

It's flattering that you are so enamored with me. Just can't get enough, I see. Although it's also creepy.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball