Updated 1/6/18: MVC Expansion Poll

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Choose two: Who do you think the MVC should add?

Murray State
47%
Northern Kentucky
13%
UW-Milwaukee
5%
Oakland
0%
South Dakota State
4%
Southeast Missouri State
1%
Belmont
21%
Grand Canyon
2%
UT-Arlington
3%
Denver
5%

Total votes : 277

Re: Updated 1/6/18: MVC Expansion Poll

Postby BearsCountry » February 26th, 2018, 1:08 pm

I've long been an advocate for SDSU and NDSU into the MVC. But that ship has sailed. Should have added them back before Creighton left. Now they got their gang together. Don't really care for Loyola or Valparasio either. But they are what they are, Bradley having too much power in the league.
BearsCountry
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniguy » February 26th, 2018, 3:40 pm

UNDfan wrote:
uniguy wrote:Oh, and while I am here, I have to say that UNDfan may be the most hilariously delusional message board poster I have ever seen that I am 100% convinced is not a troll. He has said some outstanding stuff, but I think a dark horse people have glossed over is that he suggested that UND dropped baseball specifically to force the Summit League to expand. It is a hidden gem, but very solid nonetheless.

Montana, Montana St, Idaho and Weber St are coming to the Summit. Almost positive of it. The Montana’s are sick and tired of the slug commuter schools in the Big Sigh not caring about athletics and not having fan bases. ORU, W Illinois, and IPFW will have to find new homes, but the Summit will find ecstacy in its new found partners. It will be a league that will supercede the MVC.

UND’s prez is almost a master at playing a game where he suddenly springs a wonderful surprise. He could have easily saved baseball if he knew the Summit was going to trudge along in the same old way. The Summit needs a baseball team but UND drops it. But if football becomes a conference sport, suddenly it’s not needed. Right now, the Summit is on its deathbed when IPFW leaves and it baseball team goes with it.

What is delusional is that most posters here believe the MVC will return as a two bid league.

So, just to make sure we are clear, in your universe this scene is playing out in real life.

Setting: Summit League Offices

SL Commissioner: Gentlemen, we have a problem. Fort Wayne left the league to join the Horizon

Gasps are heard

SL Commissioner: Yes, I know. And it gets worse. As much as we don't want to do this......I think our only option right now, since Fort Wayne left and we are now one baseball school short, is to drop baseball as a league sport entirely, change our entire direction and mission as a league, add four new schools, and start sponsoring football.

Shrieks and gasps of "NO" are heard in the background.

SL Commissioner: I know. If only we had one more baseball program from our current membership.

North Dakota President sitting in the shadowy corner starts laughing manically.

My point is, if the Dakota schools and Montanas ever joined up and formed a football conference, it would not be because they were forced to because North Dakota dropped baseball. And it would not have much of an impact on the MVC either.
uniguy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNDfan » February 27th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Uniguy missed out on IQ pts like XDSU fans.

When UND dropped baseball, it sent a message to IPFW, Western Illinois, and ORU to look for a new conference. Pretty simple. UND is trying to clear out the scrub brush and bring in the western timber. NDSU and SDSU will try to get baseball spots in the MVC. If they are rejected, surely the Horizon will take them.
UNDfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Just Another Guy » February 27th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Look at who is calling the kettle black on iq points.
Just Another Guy
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby uniguy » February 27th, 2018, 6:07 pm

UNDfan wrote:Uniguy missed out on IQ pts like XDSU fans.

When UND dropped baseball, it sent a message to IPFW, Western Illinois, and ORU to look for a new conference. Pretty simple. UND is trying to clear out the scrub brush and bring in the western timber. NDSU and SDSU will try to get baseball spots in the MVC. If they are rejected, surely the Horizon will take them.

Haha, dude. You are a treasure.
uniguy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » February 27th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Why is he on here saying UND wouldn't come to the MVC. They have never even been an option. Only state has been mentioned. Maybe he's just jealous and trying to get his college a look.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVC lover and a kid » February 28th, 2018, 12:45 pm

UNDfan wrote:Uniguy missed out on IQ pts like XDSU fans.

Hoping you guys will soon carry the torch as valley cellar dwellers
MVC lover and a kid
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby RacerJoeD » February 28th, 2018, 6:39 pm

RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » February 28th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Whoa. The MWC adding Gonzaga BYU and possibly more would be a huge power move. It would also mean the MVC would need more firepower--and quickly. My hope is that this would wake schools from lower leagues up to realize that the only way to have a chance is to climb as high as you can. If Gonzaga can leave the WCC, any team can leave any conference.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » February 28th, 2018, 10:38 pm

If true, the WCC could add GCU start the chain reaction that kills the WAC.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball