Welcome to MO State Coach Dana Ford

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Kyle@MOState » March 22nd, 2018, 3:47 pm

Now that we have a new coach in Springfield, I figured I would start a new post without the old coach's name attached to it.

It appears to me and the majority of Bear Nation that he really won the press conference this morning, and it also appears that most, if not all players are wanting to stick around to see what Coach Ford can do for the school. He seems upbeat and positive, and that is something that has been missing the last few years.
Kyle@MOState
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Welcome to MO State Coach Dana Ford

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2018, 4:01 pm

If nothing else, an upgrade in charisma. :buddies:
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » March 22nd, 2018, 4:35 pm

A solid recruiter who puts defense first. Will be interesting to see how he transitions.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUShock » March 22nd, 2018, 7:47 pm

A good hire and I hope that the Bears can keep him around if he is able to find success.
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BTbird » March 23rd, 2018, 7:39 am

I think Ford will be a good hire. If we had an opening, he probably would have been on our short list, if not the front runner.
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Sir Sci » March 23rd, 2018, 8:43 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:If nothing else, an upgrade in charisma. :buddies:

Ain't that the truth.

Seriously excited for the future of Bears basketball for the first time in a while. Even being misguidedly excited for this season didn't make me excited for our long term prospects as long as Lusk was at the helm.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleyclimber » March 23rd, 2018, 8:49 am

Very solid hire for the Bears. Ford is an MVC guy as he played in the Valley and was an assistant coach at 2 MVC schools.

With many of the players staying, it was be interesting to see what HC Ford can do at MSU. We need all the Valley schools to keep stepping it up. 8-)

Keep it rockin' MVC! :dance:
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Sir Sci » March 23rd, 2018, 9:22 am

Ford got to work, already has his first verbal commitment from a local Springfield SF who is listed as a four star recruit on ESPN and a three star on 247. Shockernet says he attended the Cincinnati - WSU game last month.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kyle@MOState » March 23rd, 2018, 10:00 am

Sir Sci wrote:Ford got to work, already has his first verbal commitment from a local Springfield SF who is listed as a four star recruit on ESPN and a three star on 247. Shockernet says he attended the Cincinnati - WSU game last month.

That was great news this morning. Hopefully that will just be the start of a trend of keeping some of the best players in state. I am seriously excited to see what is yet to come with recruiting. I am convinced that he can bring in top notch talent for our level, as long as he can keep up with the x's and o's, we may be set up for the future.
Kyle@MOState
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bonez » March 23rd, 2018, 12:07 pm

Sir Sci wrote:Ford got to work, already has his first verbal commitment from a local Springfield SF who is listed as a four star recruit on ESPN and a three star on 247. Shockernet says he attended the Cincinnati - WSU game last month.

Excellent for the Valley as a whole. Iron sharpens iron... looking forward to seeing others raise their game (they'll have to or be left in the dust).
bonez
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball