New Episode of The March to the Arch Podcast

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: New Episode of The March to the Arch Podcast

Postby MarchArchPod » January 9th, 2020, 8:41 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
MarchArchPod wrote: We are heading to a Bradley game Vs a non-SIU or ISU opponent in a couple weeks and will do the same type of show, as well as any other trips we make in the future.
r

I can only assume this is the UNI game? It's the only non-ISU or SIU game until Valpo at the end of the month.

Maybe.... 8-)
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MarchArchPod » January 9th, 2020, 8:44 pm

Brand New Episode of the podcast! We talk all of the MVC goings on. We are also joined by Michael Admire, the play by play voice of Drake Basketball. Fun interview, talking all things Drake. Fun show as always, check it out!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6kQPCfK3AN4pRnwVFMRaVk?si=NAUwgQkTRXCy4VyjnuA-5A

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-march-to-the-arch-podcast/id1478136026?i=1000462065850
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Majik45 » January 10th, 2020, 8:41 am

Just listening at work this morning. I've got bad news for you guys, Childs is only a Junior, he will be back next year no matter what. Bradley seniors are Brown, Bar, and Kennel.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MarchArchPod » January 10th, 2020, 9:40 am

Majik45 wrote:Just listening at work this morning. I've got bad news for you guys, Childs is only a Junior, he will be back next year no matter what. Bradley seniors are Brown, Bar, and Kennel.

Whoops, good catch. I can't believe we said that.

And thank you for listening!

-Baker
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » January 10th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Had no problem with the postgame episode, it’s an interesting idea that might work well in St. Louis in March. I don’t really see anything beyond the obvious bias you should have for ISU/SIU. If anything, you guys both seem to make an effort of not making it an SIU/ISU podcast and I think you’ve done a good job at it.

This podcast is probably the best thing I listen to each week as an SIU fan that’s starting to crave everything SIU basketball and the MVC again.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MarchArchPod » January 13th, 2020, 8:51 am

SalukiWorld wrote:Had no problem with the postgame episode, it’s an interesting idea that might work well in St. Louis in March. I don’t really see anything beyond the obvious bias you should have for ISU/SIU. If anything, you guys both seem to make an effort of not making it an SIU/ISU podcast and I think you’ve done a good job at it.

This podcast is probably the best thing I listen to each week as an SIU fan that’s starting to crave everything SIU basketball and the MVC again.

100% feels like you are starting to have a pretty good thing going. I'm obviously not high on them this year, but the future looks great.

Thanks for the feedback and thank you very much for listening

-Baker
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sivert » January 13th, 2020, 11:53 pm

MarchArchPod wrote:
uniguy wrote:I unsubscribed today. It was probably a knee jerk reaction and I may re-subscribe at some point....but when you released a special episode specifically about the UNI-IlSU game it really rubbed me the wrong way.

I absolutely love your passion for the league, and there is obviously not a lot of content about the Valley out there and you're filling a void. I know you are probably not professional journalists or media personalities either, so I don't mean to sound like I am coming down on you. I appreciate what you are trying to do.

But when I saw that pop up on my screen after the game on Tuesday it kind of felt like a kick in the nuts. You didn't do a special episode when UE beat Kentucky, or when UNI beat Colorado, or for literally anything else. I get that you're a Redbirds fan and you're excited.....and rightfully so. But you gotta decide if it is an MVC podcast or a Illinois State/SIU podcast.

Can't please everyone. Our "March Arch Extra" episodes are when we are both at a game, just so happens it was an ISU game. We got good feedback from both ISU and UNI fans for the show, but we aren't going to please everyone. We are heading to a Bradley game Vs a non-SIU or ISU opponent in a couple weeks and will do the same type of show, as well as any other trips we make in the future.

If you re-sub, great, if not, those are the breaks. Thanks for giving us a chance and listening.

-Baker

As another UNI fan, I have to say that I didn’t like this “extra” either. But maybe just because it was a loss for us and I was generally irritated.

I do think the MVC podcast (rather than ISUr/SIU) is a great opportunity for you guys. And I think that you kinda wanted to do that and largely are. Regardless of where you end up on that, I’ve enjoyed listening.
However, if you wanted take the opportunity to do the MVC podcast thing, it would have been good to have paid the fee and watched the UNI-Colorado game. (Actually, I did a free 7-day trial, so it was free for me.)
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle@MOState » January 14th, 2020, 3:17 pm

I think you both do an admirable job of covering all the Valley schools. You don't hide your bias towards your school of choice, which is fine. You are fans of those schools, and that's what got you in to being a Valley fan overall. I'll be honest, I just started listening the last few weeks, but it's good stuff from what I've heard so far. If there is something that you all put out that I don't want to listen to, or that maybe doesn't interest me, then I won't listen. I have never really been a podcast guy, but I am starting to look forward to this one.
Kyle@MOState
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MarchArchPod » January 17th, 2020, 2:07 pm

sivert wrote:As another UNI fan, I have to say that I didn’t like this “extra” either. But maybe just because it was a loss for us and I was generally irritated.

I do think the MVC podcast (rather than ISUr/SIU) is a great opportunity for you guys. And I think that you kinda wanted to do that and largely are. Regardless of where you end up on that, I’ve enjoyed listening.
However, if you wanted take the opportunity to do the MVC podcast thing, it would have been good to have paid the fee and watched the UNI-Colorado game. (Actually, I did a free 7-day trial, so it was free for me.)

Thanks for listening, and always appreciate the feedback!

-Baker
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MarchArchPod » January 17th, 2020, 2:08 pm

Kyle@MOState wrote:I think you both do an admirable job of covering all the Valley schools. You don't hide your bias towards your school of choice, which is fine. You are fans of those schools, and that's what got you in to being a Valley fan overall. I'll be honest, I just started listening the last few weeks, but it's good stuff from what I've heard so far. If there is something that you all put out that I don't want to listen to, or that maybe doesn't interest me, then I won't listen. I have never really been a podcast guy, but I am starting to look forward to this one.

Yup, we do our best to not be biased, but it's tough. Appreciate the kind words and thank you for listening.

-Baker
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball