Way too early look at next year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Way too early look at next year

Postby tribecalledquest » February 13th, 2023, 1:57 pm

Adunk33 wrote:That, and Iowa has a STUD PG coming in out of Moline.

You are a lot higher on Brock Harding than I am.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 13th, 2023, 1:59 pm

Bowen Born is so much better than Brock Harding, and also a lot less of a headcase. But I'd be shocked if Bowen isn't back at UNI next year.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 13th, 2023, 2:19 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:

Bowen Born is so much better than Brock Harding, and also a lot less of a headcase. But I'd be shocked if Bowen isn't back at UNI next year.

Bowen is having one hell of a time staying healthy in our league. Moving to a level where guys are bigger, faster and stronger seems like a bad idea.

That said, his mom is always super glowingly positive about UNI all over social media and Bowen is getting some NIL money here. He's not going anywhere.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » February 13th, 2023, 2:39 pm

BCPanther wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Bowen is having one hell of a time staying healthy in our league. Moving to a level where guys are bigger, faster and stronger seems like a bad idea.

That said, his mom is always super glowingly positive about UNI all over social media and Bowen is getting some NIL money here. He's not going anywhere.

That and Bowen's dad is an Iowa State grad. If he moves up, it won't be to the Hawkeyes and Psycho
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » February 13th, 2023, 6:49 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:

I wanted Harding at SIU but no idea how he'll translate to the Big Ten. Defense won't matter with McCaffery at least.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 13th, 2023, 7:47 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I wanted Harding at SIU but no idea how he'll translate to the Big Ten. Defense won't matter with McCaffery at least.

Oh. For sure he would have been a hell of a get for the MVC. No doubt. I just don’t think he’s a night-in, night-out Big Ten guard.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » February 14th, 2023, 12:11 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

Oh. For sure he would have been a hell of a get for the MVC. No doubt. I just don’t think he’s a night-in, night-out Big Ten guard.

Probably not in year one but I feel like going into his third year Big 10 fans are going to be thinking, "Man, this kid has been at Iowa forever."
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog2323 » February 15th, 2023, 10:55 pm

ValleyFAN wrote:This is all pointless talk at this stage, in the age of the transfer portal. If a player specifically says he's coming back, as Leons did, then great--announce it. But you cant predict your roster based on simply who is eligible to come back. Too much movement and sometimes from those you'd least suspect.

Talk to me again over the summer about this stuff.

+100

That said, Drake will graduate 5 seniors this year. The first question will be will Tucker Devries go to the NBA and my money counter to what seems to be the general opinion is against that. Enright has good progression. While next year will still be a bit of a reload, I still think Drake could get another 20-win season if we work the portal well.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby So iLL 24 » February 16th, 2023, 10:56 am

Bulldog2323 wrote:
ValleyFAN wrote:This is all pointless talk at this stage, in the age of the transfer portal. If a player specifically says he's coming back, as Leons did, then great--announce it. But you cant predict your roster based on simply who is eligible to come back. Too much movement and sometimes from those you'd least suspect.

Talk to me again over the summer about this stuff.

+100

That said, Drake will graduate 5 seniors this year. The first question will be will Tucker Devries go to the NBA and my money counter to what seems to be the general opinion is against that. Enright has good progression. While next year will still be a bit of a reload, I still think Drake could get another 20-win season if we work the portal well.

When Coach Devries is announced as an HC at a power 5 school in about 3 months, that is where Tucker will be headed for a year.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ColonialBulldog » February 16th, 2023, 3:19 pm

Coach Devries is leaving? Again!?!?! I think mvcfans.com has reported he's been leaving every off season for the past 4 years.
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball