Transfer Portal 2023

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Transfer Portal 2023

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2023, 9:18 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:Loyola Big man Jacob Hutson hit the portal yesterday and announced his commitment to UNI.

You beat me to it.

This is a really good get that fills a glaring need for UNI and is next in line of guys that UNI just missed out on coming out of high school that come home.

Good get for UNI. He never developed as I thought he might at Loyola - but maybe some of that was Drew Valentine.

And that was a quick recruitment :).

Less than 5 days!!!!! He should probably be executed!!!

Seriously though, he was a Porter guy and it just never worked with the amazing and totally not an asshole Drew Valentine. If he can give UNI 15-20 solid minutes at the 5, it covers up a lot of what was wrong with the roster.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby municup14 » March 14th, 2023, 9:39 am

I'll tell you why they should have to sit out a year,because that has been the rule for a looooong time.Just like I think the NIL is a bunch of bullshit also.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » March 14th, 2023, 9:40 am

Surprised at how little he developed in 3 years after looking really promising as a freshman. Doesn't rebound and has trouble at the foul-line, but has some experience and maybe Jake can help him find his mojo again.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby municup14 » March 14th, 2023, 9:41 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
municup14 wrote:If a player announces where they are transferring to within 5 days there has to be some illegal recruiting going on.I dont care if a kid transfer, but they should be made to sit out a year,unless your a grad student.

Why should they have to sit out a year? Scholarships are year to year. They aren’t four year agreements.

It's been a NCAA rule,that's why. :huh:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » March 14th, 2023, 9:43 am

municup14 wrote:I'll tell you why they should have to sit out a year,because that has been the rule for a looooong time.Just like I think the NIL is a bunch of bullshit also.

There was no 3 point shot and freshmen couldn't play were the rules for a long time to. Not all change is good, but it happens anyway . Change or die.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2023, 9:44 am

municup14 wrote:I'll tell you why they should have to sit out a year,because that has been the rule for a looooong time.Just like I think the NIL is a bunch of bullshit also.

Should music students that transfer have to sit out and not play in ensembles or make money from playing gigs on the side? Should art students not get to display their work or sell it to interested buyers? Tell me what makes athletes different than any other scholarship student on campus.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 14th, 2023, 10:21 am

UNI must have some super sophisticated spreadsheets if they were able to land Jacob Hutson in like 5 minutes. :Shaggy:
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby municup14 » March 14th, 2023, 10:26 am

BCPanther wrote:

Should music students that transfer have to sit out and not play in ensembles or make money from playing gigs on the side? Should art students not get to display their work or sell it to interested buyers? Tell me what makes athletes different than any other scholarship student on campus.
Really your comparing a music student to a basketball player,your music student is doing a gig on the side,and player is playing for his school.No comparison.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » March 14th, 2023, 10:28 am

Interesting how those making the rules made rules to favor themselves.

Sorry NIL doesn't line up with your sentimentality of having recruits play at your favorite school for the love of good ol Big State University. How dare they make decisions for themselves.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2023, 10:40 am

municup14 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

Really your comparing a music student to a basketball player,your music student is doing a gig on the side,and player is playing for his school.No comparison.

Explain to me how a music student playing in a University ensemble isn't 'playing for their school'.

Just say you don't like change and kids should go back to not having any money and barely being able to eat at times and be honest about it.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball