Transfer Portal 2023

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Transfer Portal 2023

Postby PretzelDawg » April 24th, 2023, 7:26 pm

Maybe SIU can get Jaykwon Walton. That dude might have a hard time finding a Power 5 school to land.
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ISUSOX13 » April 25th, 2023, 3:17 pm

Wisconsin guard Jordan Davis is headed to Illinois State.

The ‘Birds have one scholarship remaining if Pedon and company decide to use it.
ISUSOX13
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PretzelDawg » April 28th, 2023, 8:39 am

Salukimadness86 wrote:
PretzelDawg wrote:It has been extremely disappointing to see how little SIU has done this offseason with the transfer portal. They seriously can't think they are bringing back strong offensive talent based upon how little everyone outside Domask and Jones scored last season.

Inside sources close to the Saluki program have indicated good news is forth coming this week. All I have heard at this point. Man do we need some good news ...

Still crickets!
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » April 28th, 2023, 10:01 am

PretzelDawg wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:
PretzelDawg wrote:It has been extremely disappointing to see how little SIU has done this offseason with the transfer portal. They seriously can't think they are bringing back strong offensive talent based upon how little everyone outside Domask and Jones scored last season.

Inside sources close to the Saluki program have indicated good news is forth coming this week. All I have heard at this point. Man do we need some good news ...

Still crickets!

At this point, I'm not expecting much
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tdawgs87 » April 28th, 2023, 4:44 pm

:huh: nothing of relevance is coming to SIU anytime soon. They just had their 3rd visit this spring Josiah Allick and Langston Wilson is visiting this weekend. I would like to know who the inside sources are that are reporting there will be good news soon ? Allick would be a good get for SIU but I am not holding my breath on that one. They literally have 2 guards on their roster right now and one of them is Trent Brown. :o Of course at some point they have to sign somebody right? :Cheers:
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ValleyFAN » May 1st, 2023, 12:00 pm

James Graham into the portal for Missouri State. Injured last year, saw sporadic playing time, but liked his potential. Transferred in a year ago from Maryland. Pretty late to enter into the portal at this point so don't know what his driving factor was. Hard to speculate.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » May 1st, 2023, 12:45 pm

Graham is starting to get that "oft traveled" look . Was injured alot last year; had one stretch early where he showed some real potential. Had heard either he or Chance Moore might still be going portal, so I hope this is it. Might have been partly because he and Moore would be vying for minutes against each other on the wing, Ford tended towards Graham, but I think Moore has more potential. Anyway, see if there in more to come or if we move to fill his spot. Bears with 2 open scholys but do have 3 w/o from last year so sitting 14 right now.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » May 1st, 2023, 2:34 pm

And just like that, Ford fills that spot with a really interesting pickup in 6'9 Tyler Bey. More on him on the recruiting board.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 1st, 2023, 7:14 pm

ValleyFAN wrote:James Graham into the portal for Missouri State. Injured last year, saw sporadic playing time, but liked his potential. Transferred in a year ago from Maryland. Pretty late to enter into the portal at this point so don't know what his driving factor was. Hard to speculate.

He’s one of those guy who will end up at four schools. Overhyped since HS. Bears are better off with him gone.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » May 1st, 2023, 8:08 pm

Does anybody know what Valley schools are paying these recruits? I assume its not hundreds of thousands.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball