Is Valpo keeping Lottich?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Is Valpo keeping Lottich?

Postby TBS_20 » March 11th, 2023, 7:38 am

RacerJoeD wrote:Something to keep in mind- nationwide, college enrollment has fallen dramatically recently.

https://fortune.com/2023/03/09/american ... ation/amp/

college is pretty useless at this point except for major jobs like doctors who preform invasive procedures. s***, you can watch youtube and read online for free and get the same education in 1 year. i think college requirements for 75% of jobs will be obsolete in 50 years. Just take a test to prove you know your s***.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby siudawgs » March 11th, 2023, 8:24 am

TBS_20 wrote:
RacerJoeD wrote:Something to keep in mind- nationwide, college enrollment has fallen dramatically recently.

college is pretty useless at this point except for major jobs like doctors who preform invasive procedures. s***, you can watch youtube and read online for free and get the same education in 1 year. i think college requirements for 75% of jobs will be obsolete in 50 years. Just take a test to prove you know your s***.

Not to derail this thread, as I very much would like to hear from Valpo re: Lottich’s status, but from personal experience, I couldn’t disagree with your commentary much more strongly. And even if it were true, it’s sad to think about a bunch of device-obsessed 19 year olds trading the life experiences and relationships that are formed on college campuses for more time on YouTube.

(Yes, I know college is too expensive and that is a big problem).
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 11th, 2023, 8:46 am

siudawgs wrote:
TBS_20 wrote:

Not to derail this thread, as I very much would like to hear from Valpo re: Lottich’s status, but from personal experience, I couldn’t disagree with your commentary much more strongly. And even if it were true, it’s sad to think about a bunch of device-obsessed 19 year olds trading the life experiences and relationships that are formed on college campuses for more time on YouTube.

(Yes, I know college is too expensive and that is a big problem).

Eh, he’s not entirely wrong. Also not entirely right. I hold a Mechanical Engineering degree from SIU and I felt like there were less than 3 classes that I had that were actually relevant. I absolutely LOVE college basketball and my Salukis, but there are plenty of reasons I don’t give a crap about these schools as “institutions.” Sports are about the only good thing that comes out of them in my opinion.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » March 11th, 2023, 9:14 am

Well - these certainly have been some takes.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 11th, 2023, 9:28 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Well - these certainly have been some takes.

I know that my opinion will be largely unpopular on a site like this. But as far as some “takes,” I believe you’re kind of known for bad takes on this site. Lol
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » March 11th, 2023, 9:47 am

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:

I know that my opinion will be largely unpopular on a site like this. But as far as some “takes,” I believe you’re kind of known for bad takes on this site. Lol

“A site like this”. As opposed to what other kind of site?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 11th, 2023, 9:57 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:

“A site like this”. As opposed to what other kind of site?

A kind of site that isn’t full of people that donate to their respective universities.

I’m one of the few people that separate my feelings for the institution and still enjoy the athletics. I’m at every game in Carbondale (both football and basketball). But most of the good people in Southern Illinois think that SIU is a joke. And we are one of the few schools that can actually get crowds at our games.

The declining attendance across the country shows that I’m not alone in my thoughts.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby just ducky » March 11th, 2023, 12:05 pm

I thought that the member school message board links had all been updated but still no. Isn't it about time that somebody eliminated Creighton, Wichita St and Loyola and finally added Valpo, UIC, Belmont (if they have one) and Racer Nation?

Meanwhile if you are curious to follow what we know and are discussing about Lottich then go to valpofanzone.com click on the basketball messages and every thread will eventually lead you to his :roll: employment status. Jump to no quick conclusions because there is a lot of wink and nod craziness and gallows humor going on just for entertainment purposes.
just ducky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RacerJoeD » March 11th, 2023, 1:37 pm

I can’t and won’t pretend to speak for anyone else, but I learned more in college than what shows up on a degree. I think you get out of college what you put into it.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Salukimadness86 » March 11th, 2023, 4:02 pm

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:
Eh, he’s not entirely wrong. Also not entirely right. I hold a Mechanical Engineering degree from SIU and I felt like there were less than 3 classes that I had that were actually relevant. I absolutely LOVE college basketball and my Salukis, but there are plenty of reasons I don’t give a crap about these schools as “institutions.” Sports are about the only good thing that comes out of them in my opinion.

If you ask people who attended other universities, I'd bet they'd say the same about classes being relevant or not. It's not just an SIU issue. The whole college thing is a business. Fill out the application, take a test, pay the fee and your in. I was a Career and Technical Education major at SIU and enjoyed a 34 year teaching career. Had some great professors and took some good classes, Some not so much. My best experience was my 1 1\2 year internship, and my semester of student teaching. Hands on approach to learning was best for me, as well as the thousands of students I worked with. When I was younger, I couldn't give to the university because I was raising a family, paying for their activities, bills, a mortgage, and later college expenses. Now I have the resources to give back. Just curious; who do you reference when you speak of good people of Southern Illinois who say SIU is a joke? The people I spoke with in St. Louis and other events realize how much good the university does for the region, not how little. I assume you're using your engineering degree to repair cooking utensils when they break down. :D LOL!
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball