2023-24 OOC Schedules

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2023-24 OOC Schedules

Postby So iLL 24 » July 13th, 2023, 2:17 pm

SIU will be hosting North Dakota State this year and rumor has it they are trying to finalize a buy game with Kansas State.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » July 14th, 2023, 5:11 am

AD1770 wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Thanks to aceloverlarry @ PAP for this information on schedule for the Aces:

"By my estimates, here’s what our non con should look like at this moment:

Ball State (Home, return game)
Miami Ohio (home, return game)
UT Martin (home, return game)
Cincinatti (away, buy game)
BYU (away, buy game)
Campbell (away, Return game)
Bellarmine (away, Return game)
Vegas MTE (Opponents currently unknown)

If my assumptions on Campbell and Bellarmine being home and homes from last season are correct, that leaves us with one more opening for a non con game. Hopefully they can manage to get us a home n home with an AAC caliber team like they have the past few years."

I looked into the Las Vegas Holiday classic but no other teams are yet listed in that MTE.

There is no return game with Campbell.

MEA CULPA !
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PretzelDawg » July 14th, 2023, 7:21 am

I'm glad SIU is trying to bulk up the schedule, but I really wanted to see it the past few years. Is this really the year to be bulking up the schedule? Is there something about SIU that is better than what we think?
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » July 14th, 2023, 6:59 pm

PretzelDawg wrote:I'm glad SIU is trying to bulk up the schedule, but I really wanted to see it the past few years. Is this really the year to be bulking up the schedule? Is there something about SIU that is better than what we think?

Nobody has a clue. I think a lot are under the assumption that we are more athletic than before. We certainly have more length. As far as talent, I don’t have a clue.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » July 15th, 2023, 5:32 am

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:
PretzelDawg wrote:I'm glad SIU is trying to bulk up the schedule, but I really wanted to see it the past few years. Is this really the year to be bulking up the schedule? Is there something about SIU that is better than what we think?

Nobody has a clue. I think a lot are under the assumption that we are more athletic than before. We certainly have more length. As far as talent, I don’t have a clue.

Hard to see them picked above 7th or 8th going in ; would seem to me they have a solid frontline size and depth wise, but not an established go to guy. A lot of moving pieces on the perimeter , but again no established scorer . Given offense has been a problem , those seem big questions that have to be answered . Just hard to see them ahead of Bradley/UNI/Belmont/Mo St/ Indiana St/ Drake, and then they're in the mix with Murray St and Illinois St in that 7-10 range. But I don't see a clear favorite at the top .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » July 15th, 2023, 9:51 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:

Hard to see them picked above 7th or 8th going in ; would seem to me they have a solid frontline size and depth wise, but not an established go to guy. A lot of moving pieces on the perimeter , but again no established scorer . Given offense has been a problem , those seem big questions that have to be answered . Just hard to see them ahead of Bradley/UNI/Belmont/Mo St/ Indiana St/ Drake, and then they're in the mix with Murray St and Illinois St in that 7-10 range. But I don't see a clear favorite at the top .

I can see how not relying so much on 2 guys to take all the shots certainly gives others the ability to show their talent that wouldn’t have been able before. But nobody is proven, and I don’t have a clue where it’s going to come from. We could end up better, but there is certainly no evidence suggesting that. We will be picked bottom 6 preseason, but there are enough wildcards that they may surprise people. But like I said… who knows? I’m curious to see what a Mullins “Domaskless” team looks like?
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby So iLL 24 » July 28th, 2023, 1:51 pm

Salukis will be headed to Wichita State on December 16th.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BUFanatic » July 28th, 2023, 10:29 pm

So iLL 24 wrote:Salukis will be headed to Wichita State on December 16th.

To the new guys, this is must see TV and the whole of the Valley should be Saluki fanatics that day.
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » July 28th, 2023, 11:45 pm

MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » July 29th, 2023, 12:59 am

BUFanatic wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:Salukis will be headed to Wichita State on December 16th.

To the new guys, this is must see TV and the whole of the Valley should be Saluki fanatics that day.

I always root for SIU except for games against ISU. This just makes it even better.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball