MVC Games Week 10 2023-24

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 10 2023-24

Postby bleach » January 11th, 2024, 7:26 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
bleach wrote:Without taking too much away from Murray, this wasn't about Murray. The Bears are a very talented and deep team that has given up on their coaching.

What kind of players are they if they can’t find it in themselves to still compete and win in spite of the coach? It’s a pretty big indictment of the players as much as Dana.

For example Donovan Clay could be a leader who helps them through this. Instead it looks like he spent his off season eating at Taco Bell five times a day.

While I don't absolve the players of blame, their effort has been the one constant this season until the last two games. The lack of any lineup stability,offensive and defensive schemes, and Dana always blaming the players has caused the heart to be cut out.
Take NJ Benson. fierce competitor at the top of the leage standings in rebounds and blocks who all of a sudden has been replaced by Cesare Edwards who is more offensively skilled but really pales next to NJ in effort categories. NJ is barely seeing the floor now.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » January 11th, 2024, 8:53 pm

bleach wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
bleach wrote:Without taking too much away from Murray, this wasn't about Murray. The Bears are a very talented and deep team that has given up on their coaching.

What kind of players are they if they can’t find it in themselves to still compete and win in spite of the coach? It’s a pretty big indictment of the players as much as Dana.

For example Donovan Clay could be a leader who helps them through this. Instead it looks like he spent his off season eating at Taco Bell five times a day.

While I don't absolve the players of blame, their effort has been the one constant this season until the last two games. The lack of any lineup stability,offensive and defensive schemes, and Dana always blaming the players has caused the heart to be cut out.
Take NJ Benson. fierce competitor at the top of the leage standings in rebounds and blocks who all of a sudden has been replaced by Cesare Edwards who is more offensively skilled but really pales next to NJ in effort categories. NJ is barely seeing the floor now.

I love NJ Benson. If he wanted to transfer to Bradley I wouldn’t be mad. He’s like Duax for UNI. I don’t understand how he isn’t playing more. But I think as a fan who seems them periodically I admit I don’t have all the info on either guy.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » January 13th, 2024, 1:21 pm

Bradley off to a great start at the Flames. Up 12-1 with 15 left.

UIC ready to start a brick factory
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Chuck A » January 13th, 2024, 2:00 pm

pafan wrote:Bradley off to a great start at the Flames. Up 12-1 with 15 left.

UIC ready to start a brick factory

At this point in the season, my team sucks! Yaklich is in his 4th season with two years to go. In that time, he has not been able to adjust...not just at halftime, but in real time. He refuses to put in Cam Fens to develop an inside game, just to change things up. An inside/out game can't be that bad to try. The NBA has truly screwed up Basketball. Everybody wants to shoots 3s. Coach Yak is a nice guy, but he is not head coaching material.
UIC Flames
MVC Member Since 2022
Chuck A
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 13th, 2024, 2:16 pm

Two executions in real-time:

Indiana St up 33 on Belmont with 15 minutes left.

Bradley up 22 on UIC with 15 minutes left.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 13th, 2024, 3:34 pm

Bradley has been playing like a top three team in the league since Xmas. No, they haven’t played league front runners but they are blowing teams out of the gym. Todays 18 point victory is the closest of the four MVC wins.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bradley_townie » January 13th, 2024, 4:07 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley has been playing like a top three team in the league since Xmas. No, they haven’t played league front runners but they are blowing teams out of the gym. Todays 18 point victory is the closest of the four MVC wins.

Connor Hickman has been stringing together some real nice games. He is playing with a ton of confidence right now. Duke Deen has also been playing at a high level. Hickman's injury and the play of the other guards was a huge part of the 5 game losing streak and this stretch couldn't have come at a better time as they seem to have figured out a lot as a team now that everyone is healthy.

Not to take anything away from Bradley, but these last 4 games were the softest part of their conference schedule. Now things get really interesting these next 4 and we see what this team is really made of. @SIU, host Belmont, host Murray St, @Indiana St.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby pafan » January 13th, 2024, 7:20 pm

MSU leading Evansville 53-43 with 12 minutes left.

Aces staying sorta close with 3pt shooting. 8 made 3-ptrs, 6 made 2pt FG and 7 FT.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 13th, 2024, 8:00 pm

Dana Ford weathers the Moats tweet behind a 22/13 night on 10/14 shooting from N.J. Benson as the Bears topple the Aces 74-64.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 13th, 2024, 8:08 pm

Drake looking very Creighton-ish this week. Up 51-31 @ SIU on ESPN2.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball