Is The Missouri Valley A 2-Bid League?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

If Indiana State loses at Arch Madness, is the Missouri Valley a 2-bid league?

Poll ended at March 16th, 2024, 6:33 pm

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 57

Re: Is The Missouri Valley A 2-Bid League?

Postby freddycat68 » February 2nd, 2024, 10:48 pm

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:The best thing that can happen at this point is Indiana State win every game until Arch Madness. Not sure if that’s realistic or not, but I think Drake and Bradley are dead. Since SIU makes me want to stop watching basketball altogether lately, I’ll be routing hard for Indiana State to pull off what is needed for an at large.

Yep. Only ISUb can get an at-large. But the rub is that the only 2 teams they could lose to in STL would be Drake or Bradley, b/c all the rest would give the committee an excuse to leave them out for a "bad loss." And obviously it would have to be in the final.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » February 3rd, 2024, 8:29 am

freddycat68 wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:The best thing that can happen at this point is Indiana State win every game until Arch Madness. Not sure if that’s realistic or not, but I think Drake and Bradley are dead. Since SIU makes me want to stop watching basketball altogether lately, I’ll be routing hard for Indiana State to pull off what is needed for an at large.

Yep. Only ISUb can get an at-large. But the rub is that the only 2 teams they could lose to in STL would be Drake or Bradley, b/c all the rest would give the committee an excuse to leave them out for a "bad loss." And obviously it would have to be in the final.

That would be a “bad loss,” but I actually don’t think you’re right on this. If they win out, they would probably be safe.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby just ducky » February 3rd, 2024, 8:02 pm

The Lunardi comments about Indiana St were not encouraging. :(
just ducky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » February 3rd, 2024, 8:58 pm

just ducky wrote:The Lunardi comments about Indiana St were not encouraging. :(

I try not to be “eye test” guy. But I will break my rule here. If Indiana State isn’t an NCAA lock and an 8/9 seed then something is wrong.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 3rd, 2024, 11:39 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:

I try not to be “eye test” guy. But I will break my rule here. If Indiana State isn’t an NCAA lock and an 8/9 seed then something is wrong.

I can’t recall a team without a Q3/Q4 loss (or equivalent before quadrants) being left out of the modern NCAA Tournament. Not only does Indiana State not have a Q3/Q4 loss, they don’t even have Q2 loss.

I get everyone’s paranoid, but there’s no precedent for a team with Indiana State’s profile getting left out (unless they bomb a Q3/Q4 game before then).

There are a whole lot of coaches hoping they don’t draw Saint Mary’s or Indiana State in the 1st Round. Those 2 teams have the capability to do some serious damage.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby municup14 » February 4th, 2024, 9:02 am

tribecalledquest wrote:

I agree with you,it was not a promising comment made by him. Especially when he said they have to win the rest of the[url][/url]re games by more than 20 points,a win is a win in my opinion. I get sick and tired of the NCAA catering to the power 5 schools.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » February 4th, 2024, 9:41 am

I'd take what Lunardi says with a grain of salt. He a pretty marginal bracketologists, per bracket matrix:

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

He ranks 98/174 over the last five years. He's no better than you or me, to be honest. He's definitely not a Q1 win.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 4th, 2024, 9:46 am

TylerDurden wrote:I'd take what Lunardi says with a grain of salt. He a pretty marginal bracketologists, per bracket matrix:

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

He ranks 98/174 over the last five years. He's no better than you or me, to be honest. He's definitely not a Q1 win.

And Jerry Palm is 142/174. Yet those 2 get more publicity than any bracketologists in the country.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bluestreak » February 4th, 2024, 9:54 am

Lunardi is a bag man for the P5 conferences. Not popular in Terredise.
bluestreak
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Birdfan2018 » February 4th, 2024, 3:13 pm

If Indiana State wins their next ten games and loses to Drake or Bradley on Sunday, the Missouri Valley Conference will have two teams in the NCAA Tournament.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball