'24 Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: '24 Arch Madness

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 6th, 2024, 1:02 pm

Arch Madness is airing a preview show Thursday at 11:30 am. Just like all the Thursday games, it will be on NBC Sports Chicago Plus, as well as Bally Sports.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » March 6th, 2024, 2:15 pm

BUFanatic wrote:Planning on heading down for the Friday night session and buying as BU advances if at all. Anyone know BU’s section and/or have any tips for doing Arch Madness this way? First year I’m going down for more than Championship Sunday.

If you find a Belmont fan, bring him to Ball Park Village and you will get a free drink token from Todd Thomas.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bluebird0306 » March 6th, 2024, 2:19 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:MVC can't seriously want attendance to f*ing improve if they are charging some of these costs. Why the hell would any random non-fan pay $45+fees to watch a play-in round? lol

Also... when I say + Fees, I really mean + fees. I was gonna run down and take an extended lunch break to watch MSU and Dana's final game but f that lol. A $45 ticket comes to, I kid you not, $64.10, after fees.

MSUBear- I'm selling a session one for $35 no fees DM if interested.
bluebird0306
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby TylerDurden » March 6th, 2024, 2:36 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:MVC can't seriously want attendance to f*ing improve if they are charging some of these costs. Why the hell would any random non-fan pay $45+fees to watch a play-in round? lol

Also... when I say + Fees, I really mean + fees. I was gonna run down and take an extended lunch break to watch MSU and Dana's final game but f that lol. A $45 ticket comes to, I kid you not, $64.10, after fees.

Are those Ticketmaster fees or something else?

I feel the same way every time I look at buying tickets to any event - games, concerts, etc.

It's absolutely insane.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 6th, 2024, 8:38 pm

If you’re DVR’ing the tournament for when you get back or you’re watching the tournament from home, keep an eye on the interviews in between games. They seem unimportant at first but often end up being a precursor to people who become important.

Last year’s interviews included Sherika Montgomery and Jerri Beggs. Little known last March, those 2 became a D-I Commissioner and MVC AD just a few months later.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BUFanatic » March 6th, 2024, 8:51 pm

TylerDurden wrote:

I feel the same way every time I look at buying tickets to any event - games, concerts, etc.

It's absolutely insane.

Pretty sure it’s Ticketmaster. My parents complained about high fees buying online in advance of the Drake game last year @ PCC. Not sure if they’re assessed if you walk up to the box office and buy them. They weren’t at the PCC.
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 6th, 2024, 9:08 pm

I’d be happy to sell my tickets for sessions 1 and 3 (Thursday and Friday day sessions) directly to someone on here for a lot cheaper than you’ll find on Ticketmaster if anyone is interested.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog2323 » March 6th, 2024, 11:20 pm

BUFanatic wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:

It's absolutely insane.

Pretty sure it’s Ticketmaster. My parents complained about high fees buying online in advance of the Drake game last year @ PCC. Not sure if they’re assessed if you walk up to the box office and buy them. They weren’t at the PCC.

First, don't call it a play-in game. It's the first round. I paid double that to watch two NCAA games in Des Moines from the upper deck the first time it was in Des Moines.

As much as I love St. Louis as the host, it is also a reminder that downtown anything is super expensive, especially these days.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BUFanatic » March 6th, 2024, 11:49 pm

Not sure why I was quoted in that but it’s not really a “play in” round anymore. Back when we had 10 teams it was.

I would prefer a play in day though….
Thursday is 9-12
Friday would be 4 games adding 3/4 seeds.
Saturday would add 1/2 (double bye straight to semi finals).
Sunday Championship.
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » March 7th, 2024, 7:21 am

BUFanatic wrote:Not sure why I was quoted in that but it’s not really a “play in” round anymore. Back when we had 10 teams it was.

I would prefer a play in day though….
Thursday is 9-12
Friday would be 4 games adding 3/4 seeds.
Saturday would add 1/2 (double bye straight to semi finals).
Sunday Championship.

That's low major bullshit and we don't have anyone like Gonzaga who everyone is terrified is going to leave and the money train will stop running.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball