MVC Games Week 17 2023-24

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 17 2023-24

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 28th, 2024, 9:22 pm

Drake playing with fire down 5 late in OT at the UIC Pavilion but have pulled a rabbit out of their hat to force double overtime.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 28th, 2024, 9:41 pm

Drake/UIC tied 100-100 entering triple overtime. Game closing in on 3 hours.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby racernation » February 28th, 2024, 9:44 pm

Racers get blown out by their rival on Senior Night. 20 loss season coming for Murray - the worst year since 1979.

Prohm has one year to right the ship imo.
racernation
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » February 28th, 2024, 10:10 pm

racernation wrote:Racers get blown out by their rival on Senior Night. 20 loss season coming for Murray - the worst year since 1979.

I was really shocked by that result.

UIC has way too much talent to be as bad as they are. They just s*** the bed so many times down the stretch tonight.

Bradley hammered SIU on Senior Night. Xavier Johnson has no fun when Malevy Leons guards him.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 28th, 2024, 10:41 pm

How’s player development at Missouri St going? The Bears only had 4 players score a point tonight.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 29th, 2024, 7:58 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:How’s player development at Missouri St going? The Bears only had 4 players score a point tonight.

Benson is a stud though.

Fire Dana and he can come back to his Alma mater as an assistant and bring him with. I'd be good with that plan
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » February 29th, 2024, 8:56 am

Double-check me, but I think I have this correct for Arch Madness:

1. Indiana State
2. Drake
3. Bradley

While Drake and Indiana State could finish with the same league record, Indiana State wins the tiebreaker for seeding based on NET ranking.

Seeds 4-6 still need sorted as Southern Illinois, UNI and Belmont all enter the last game at 11-8. That sorting is made easier because UNI plays at SIU, so only two of these teams can finish with the same record. Belmont hosts Evansville. Belmont split the series with both UNI and SIU, so NET will come into play again for seeding regardless of the BEL/UE result.

SIU has the NET advantage (107) while UNI (121) and Belmont (123) are close. The winner of UNI/SIU will be the No. 4 seed based off the NET tiebreaker, even if Belmont wins. A Belmont win makes it the No. 5 seed, a loss makes it the No. 6 because I don't see them jumping UNI in NET in any scenario where they'd have the same league record.

Seeds 7-8 are Illinois State and Murray State. Both enter the last game day at 9-10, with Illinois State sweeping the season series between the two. If they finish with the same record, ISU gets the No. 7 seed. ISU is at Valpo. Murray is at Indiana State.

Missouri State is a game ahead of Evansville and swept the Aces this season, so the Bears are the No. 9 seed.

No. 9 is Missouri State
No. 10 is Evansville
No. 11 is UIC
No. 12 is Valpo

Arch Madness Schedule
Thursday, March 7
Game 1: No. 8 (Illinois State or Murray) vs No. 9 Missouri State
Game 2: No. 5 (SIU/UNI/BEL) vs No. 12 Valpo
Game 3: No. 7 (Illinois State or Murray) vs No. 10 Evansville
Game 4: No. 6 (SIU/UNI/BEL) vs No. 11 UIC

Friday, March 8
Game 5: No. 1 Indiana State vs Game 1 winner
Game 6: No. 4 (SIU/UNI) vs Game 2 winner
Game 7: No. 2 Drake vs Game 3 winner
Game 8: No. 3 Bradley vs Game 4 winner
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby racernation » February 29th, 2024, 9:12 am

Murray's going to be the 8 seed. And honestly it doesn't matter if we are the 7, because Evansville and Missouri State are similar matchups for the Racers.

If I were Prohm I would experiment with the bench vs. Indiana State. We aren't going to win, and it doesn't matter if we do, so I would give the bench more PT and/or throw some wrinkles in the gameplan.

Truthfully, the Racers match up better with ISU than with Drake - we have a better shot at beating them. But I'm sure Missouri State will have something to say Thursday.

Waiting for this nightmare of a season to be over.
racernation
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MovingScreenOfDeath » February 29th, 2024, 9:58 am

racernation wrote:Murray's going to be the 8 seed. And honestly it doesn't matter if we are the 7, because Evansville and Missouri State are similar matchups for the Racers.

If I were Prohm I would experiment with the bench vs. Indiana State. We aren't going to win, and it doesn't matter if we do, so I would give the bench more PT and/or throw some wrinkles in the gameplan.

Truthfully, the Racers match up better with ISU than with Drake - we have a better shot at beating them. But I'm sure Missouri State will have something to say Thursday.

Waiting for this nightmare of a season to be over.

Murray is not a team that in excited about the prospect of us potentially playing in back-to-back weeks, regardless of how little momentum they seem to have currently.
MovingScreenOfDeath
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Dawgbit » February 29th, 2024, 10:35 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
racernation wrote:Racers get blown out by their rival on Senior Night. 20 loss season coming for Murray - the worst year since 1979.

I was really shocked by that result.

UIC has way too much talent to be as bad as they are. They just s*** the bed so many times down the stretch tonight.

Bradley hammered SIU on Senior Night. Xavier Johnson has no fun when Malevy Leons guards him.

Be advised that the Xavier Johnson on the court now has a gas tank hovering on empty, he has played almost every minute of every game this year.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball