Bryan Mullins

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bryan Mullins

Postby tribecalledquest » March 7th, 2024, 11:38 pm

The success Domask and Jones are having is as big an impact indictment as anything.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SalukiWorld » March 7th, 2024, 11:52 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:SIU board is implying the Chancellor is gunning for long-time Buzz Williams assistant Devin Johnson. Far as I can tell, all of his roots are southern, outside of a couple years at Marquette a decade ago. No head coach experience.

This seems like a very risky hire to me. I'd just run another year with Mullins and see if he makes further progress developing like he did this year.

Seems like a waste of a year at this point. I don't know if a new coach is gonna do any better but better to just get this over with instead of another 7 years like Hinson had.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2024, 7:38 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:SIU board is implying the Chancellor is gunning for long-time Buzz Williams assistant Devin Johnson. Far as I can tell, all of his roots are southern, outside of a couple years at Marquette a decade ago. No head coach experience.

This seems like a very risky hire to me. I'd just run another year with Mullins and see if he makes further progress developing like he did this year.

Something I didn’t know until now: Mullins has ZERO recruits signed for next season.

Between having zero incoming recruits and last night’s all-time coaching blunder having Xavier Johnson intentionally foul for his 4th with the lead, I’m starting to backtrack on my initial position and concede the SIU administration probably knows better than I do.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dawgbit » March 8th, 2024, 3:21 pm

This wonderful chancellor, who is looking to leave SIU ASAP, has been angling to get “his guy” in there for the last year.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PretzelDawg » March 8th, 2024, 5:02 pm

Mullins got canned.
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball