Arch Madness Day 1

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness Day 1

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 9th, 2024, 12:02 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
bradley_townie wrote:The biggest surprise on day 1 was the lack of Murray State fans. All I heard when they joined the league was how good a fanbase they are and how they travel well and were going to swarm Arch Madness in yellow. Yes, they brought more than Belmont, UIC, and Valpo but that is not saying much. Has fan support decreased since leaving the OVC?

I was shocked how small their turnout was. What is going on with that fan base? Evansville fans blew them out of the water, and the Aces were a 10-seed.

I’m willing to give it a “no one can make the Thursday noon game” mulligan as everyone in that slot thru 2 years has drawn flies and I have trouble making that game on-time myself even as an Arch Madness diehard. But they’re out of excuses if they don’t show next year.

It’s easy to show up when you’re winning championships. It’s easy to win championships when you’re in the OVC. But they’re in the MVC now…
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby racernation » March 9th, 2024, 12:27 pm

Playing at noon on Thursday and the worst season since 1979 will keep a lot of any fan bases away. That is all.
racernation
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball