SIU fires Bryan Mullins

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU fires Bryan Mullins

Postby GoSIU88 » March 20th, 2024, 11:38 am

I think if SIU hadn't of been so stupid in the past, we probably would have won the MVC at least 7 of the past 10 years and Lowery would still be there. He had a love for the university and I hope that can be restored. Before he was wrongfully terminated by our idiot AD at the time, he had spoke of his desire to establish SIU as the Gonzaga of the midwest and its a shame he wasn't allowed to make this happen initially. Lets right the wrong and make this program a national powerhouse once again.[/quote]

Everyone.....CLo is NOT coming back to Carbondale. That bridge has been burned. dean_siu is delusional.

The program was a trainwreck and on the cusp of APR violations. CLo had his chance and blew it. Dean needs to get over it.
GoSIU88
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby So iLL 24 » March 21st, 2024, 10:53 am

Barkeep1967 wrote:
You never saw that from me or any of the reliable people on my board. It was a rumor . It is still possible he gets the job I suppose but he is at best option 3

You're all over the place. One day, you "hear" KS is 100% getting hired, and the next day, you're not sure, and then the next day, you hear something else. It is no different than your posting about there being a 0% chance that Bruce was contacted about the job, and "you" would have "heard" about it. This is part of why I don't post on your site: because of all the emotional people there throwing out garbage that isn't even close to being true.

Jerrance Howard has been named the interim coach to keep tabs on the basketball players going to class and everything else. Jerrance has a great relationship with Bruce and reached out immediately to Bruce several times about returning to SIU for a few years. Donors and admins also contacted Bruce to gauge his interest in doing a short deal and having a coach in waiting. Bruce pondered it for a few days and ultimately declined. This is 100% factual.

The coach was decided last weekend, and the contract has been finalized over the last few days. There will be an announcement soon.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tdawgs87 » March 22nd, 2024, 7:50 am

So Ill 24 is spot on. New SIU board isn’t very reliable because most insider posters left. Should have a new coach VERY soon.
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 22nd, 2024, 8:06 am

We announcing Spradlin today or what?
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiWorld » March 22nd, 2024, 3:19 pm

Mullins gets an assistant job at DePaul under Holtmann
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Salukimadness86 » March 22nd, 2024, 6:00 pm

Happy for Bryan. Knew he would land on his feet. Good luck in the Big East, you might need a little. :)
Now we wait for SIU to announce the new coach on Monday.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dean_siu » March 22nd, 2024, 6:26 pm

Since nothing came out today, I'm guessing we can cross Spradlins name off the list of possible replacements. With Northwestern winning today, if SIU is doing the right thing to return to greatness, I'm guessing we'll hear nothing til at least Monday.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SalukiWorld » March 22nd, 2024, 9:05 pm

Saluki Insider is saying it's not Spradlin now and have Kent Williams name brought up. That would be the death of SIU Basketball if so.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » March 22nd, 2024, 9:23 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:Saluki Insider is saying it's not Spradlin now and have Kent Williams name brought up. That would be the death of SIU Basketball if so.

Man. Hope not. Spradlin would be a great hire.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2024, 9:29 pm

If I’m a betting man, So Ill 24 has been right on the pulse the whole time and this is going to backfire on Saluki-Insider.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball