SIU fires Bryan Mullins

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU fires Bryan Mullins

Postby So iLL 24 » March 18th, 2024, 8:12 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:Salukis have a commitment for their next Men’s basketball coach. Should be announced once the coach’s team is eliminated from the tournament.

I'm guessing it's either Texas A&M assistant Devin Johnson or Morehead State HC Preston Spradlin. I've heard both names earlier today

You’ve heard both names or read it on the Saluki forum with all of the other horribly informed people that said Smithpeters was a done deal for the job?
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Salukimadness86 » March 18th, 2024, 8:43 pm

Just want the best qualified coaching candidate. After the mass exodus of players, it's imperative SIU gets this right. Huge hire for Leonard.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby So iLL 24 » March 18th, 2024, 9:02 pm

Salukimadness86 wrote:Just want the best qualified coaching candidate. After the mass exodus of players, it's imperative SIU gets this right. Huge hire for Leonard.

This hire has potential but this decision will make or break his job.

- He hired a horrendous women’s coach.
- Continue to allow our baseball team to schedule cupcakes, something he signed off on Bryan apparently doing, despite every Saluki fan excited about the 2023-2024 schedule. Not Bryan’s fault that the teams on the schedule underachieved (SLU, Ok. St., Wichita, North Dakota St.)

Bryan lost 5 games by a total 7 points.
Bryan lost 9 games by a total of 21pts.

That’s how close Bryan was to an extension. Especially considering Ferguson missed a month of the season (3 losses). If he’s there do we beat APSU? Wichita?

If Bryan stays, we may be preseason top 2 if Schertz leaves with his starting 5, DeVries finally takes another job with his son, Belmont losing their two top players, and Leon’s graduating from Bradley.

Returning Ebube/Rupert, D’Amico/Hensley, Ferguson, Davis. We go and get two point guards in the portal.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » March 18th, 2024, 9:29 pm

So iLL 24 wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:Just want the best qualified coaching candidate. After the mass exodus of players, it's imperative SIU gets this right. Huge hire for Leonard.

This hire has potential but this decision will make or break his job.

- He hired a horrendous women’s coach.
- Continue to allow our baseball team to schedule cupcakes, something he signed off on Bryan apparently doing, despite every Saluki fan excited about the 2023-2024 schedule. Not Bryan’s fault that the teams on the schedule underachieved (SLU, Ok. St., Wichita, North Dakota St.)

Bryan lost 5 games by a total 7 points.
Bryan lost 9 games by a total of 21pts.

That’s how close Bryan was to an extension. Especially considering Ferguson missed a month of the season (3 losses). If he’s there do we beat APSU? Wichita?

If Bryan stays, we may be preseason top 2 if Schertz leaves with his starting 5, DeVries finally takes another job with his son, Belmont losing their two top players, and Leon’s graduating from Bradley.

Returning Ebube/Rupert, D’Amico/Hensley, Ferguson, Davis. We go and get two point guards in the portal.

No chance that group of returning guys would be top two in the MVC under any circumstances.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tdawgs87 » March 18th, 2024, 9:33 pm

Leonard didn’t hire the women’s coach Kupec and Lane did.
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Barkeep1967 » March 18th, 2024, 9:57 pm

So iLL 24 wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:Salukis have a commitment for their next Men’s basketball coach. Should be announced once the coach’s team is eliminated from the tournament.

I'm guessing it's either Texas A&M assistant Devin Johnson or Morehead State HC Preston Spradlin. I've heard both names earlier today

You’ve heard both names or read it on the Saluki forum with all of the other horribly informed people that said Smithpeters was a done deal for the job?

You never saw that from me or any of the reliable people on my board. It was a rumor . It is still possible he gets the job I suppose but he is at best option 3
Barkeep1967
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby So iLL 24 » March 18th, 2024, 10:25 pm

Smithpeters is not the coach that will be announced. I can assure you that.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tdawgs87 » March 18th, 2024, 10:35 pm

Who is SIU going to hire? And when will he be announced?
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby So iLL 24 » March 19th, 2024, 7:12 am

tdawgs87 wrote:Who is SIU going to hire? And when will he be announced?

A head coach that is coaching in the NCAA tournament.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » March 19th, 2024, 7:40 am

So iLL 24 wrote:
tdawgs87 wrote:Who is SIU going to hire? And when will he be announced?

A head coach that is coaching in the NCAA tournament.

Preston Spradlin - Morehead State.

That hire would make a ton of sense. Very smart.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball