SIU fires Bryan Mullins

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU fires Bryan Mullins

Postby quatros_saluki » March 24th, 2024, 7:33 pm

dean_siu wrote:
Bulldog4life24 wrote:
dean_siu wrote:They can definitely do better if they brought back Saluki HoF coach and Big 10 assistant coach of the year Chris Lowery to lead the team once again. He led them to the sweet 16 during his previous reign and could do even better if given another chance. I know he will lead a team to several national titles one day and I hope it's at SIU. Northwestern has a tough match up today in the tourney so if they fall, maybe we could hear good news of his return tomorrow.

Dude. Really?

Absolutely! I know Bulldog fans (as well as fans of all other teams in the conference) don't want this to happen as SIU would likely win at least 80% of the conference championships for the foreseeable future. However, the conference gains notoriety when it hires a coach of this nature and SIU is back in high regard nationally once again!

You are an amazingly impressive dumbass. Don't know how else to say it. Your level of dumbassery is unmatched in any field or topic i have ever seen. Nobody has ever been as big a dumbass as you are sir. Good job. haha
quatros_saluki
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dean_siu » March 24th, 2024, 8:14 pm

I have absolute zero level of dumbassery unlike yours which appears to be overflowing. I want my alma mater to have a good program and have success each and every March unlike those you that are happy with the season ending in the first week every year. If this program was reaching its potential, I'd be happy to help fund a practice facility and leave my estate to the program. However, as it is now, I prefer to travel teh world and enjoy myself as I don't want my name tainted with this ruined program.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 24th, 2024, 8:33 pm

dean_siu wrote:I have absolute zero level of dumbassery unlike yours which appears to be overflowing. I want my alma mater to have a good program and have success each and every March unlike those you that are happy with the season ending in the first week every year. If this program was reaching its potential, I'd be happy to help fund a practice facility and leave my estate to the program. However, as it is now, I prefer to travel teh world and enjoy myself as I don't want my name tainted with this ruined program.

This level of commitment to a false reality is equal parts impressive and scary
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 24th, 2024, 8:49 pm

Bulldog4life24 wrote:
dean_siu wrote:I have absolute zero level of dumbassery unlike yours which appears to be overflowing. I want my alma mater to have a good program and have success each and every March unlike those you that are happy with the season ending in the first week every year. If this program was reaching its potential, I'd be happy to help fund a practice facility and leave my estate to the program. However, as it is now, I prefer to travel teh world and enjoy myself as I don't want my name tainted with this ruined program.

This level of commitment to a false reality is equal parts impressive and scary

I think that’s actually true of his life. When SIU fired Lowery 12 years ago and he was hired by Weber at K-State, I remember him starting a thread on the Kansas St board as “dean_ksu” and telling everyone he was revoking his donations to SIU and transferring them to KSU.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » March 24th, 2024, 8:50 pm

If that is true you probably should contact the AD and let him know. Money talks. If you are willing to give millions to the school they may be willing to give Lowery another shot.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby So iLL 24 » March 25th, 2024, 9:07 am

There are two very similar offers for a new head coach at SIU. Both coaches are trying to make the best decision for their careers. Whichever one signs the contract first will be named the new head coach at SIU. I believe the #1 target may be realizing that the WKU job may not open for him, and he now has competition for the SIU job, which may lead to his commitment today.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 25th, 2024, 9:55 am

So iLL 24 wrote:There are two very similar offers for a new head coach at SIU. Both coaches are trying to make the best decision for their careers. Whichever one signs the contract first will be named the new head coach at SIU. I believe the #1 target may be realizing that the WKU job may not open for him, and he now has competition for the SIU job, which may lead to his commitment today.

Is the second offer a D-I head coach, D-II head coach, assistant coach, or not coaching?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » March 25th, 2024, 10:12 am

It’s Preston Spradlin and Jerrod Calhoun (Youngstown St) I’m pretty sure.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 25th, 2024, 10:16 am

SalukiWorld wrote:It’s Preston Spradlin and Jerrod Calhoun (Youngstown St) I’m pretty sure.

Hope it is Spradlin.

Calhoun’s lack of championships given a large NIL budget concerns me. I know Youngstown isn’t a great place aside from that, but I’d think a good NIL budget should be the deciding factor against Horizon opponents. I could be wrong though.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiWorld » March 25th, 2024, 12:51 pm

Hearing Spradlin and Calhoun are out now
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball