Transfer portal——MVC guys

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Transfer portal——MVC guys

Postby sivert » April 10th, 2024, 11:12 am

ReZyNeZy wrote:We are reaching a point where the powerful mid-majors, (MVC, A-10, and maybe the MWC) need to band together and sue the NCAA. Decisions are being made only with the interest of Football and P6 schools in mind. Additionally, there should be some sort of penalty associated with transferring on schools at the end of the day. Obviously you cannot do much to the athlete, but this should be treated like a buyout on trades. Schools who take scholarship athletes should be forced to payout the scholarship to the school + a premium of some sort.

I don't think we can sue because others do things that are in their own interest.

Here's what I would recommend: Get all the Mid Majors and Low Majors in a room. Everyone agree that NOBODY schedules buy games. Period. Home and home or nothing.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » April 10th, 2024, 12:08 pm

sivert wrote:
ReZyNeZy wrote:We are reaching a point where the powerful mid-majors, (MVC, A-10, and maybe the MWC) need to band together and sue the NCAA. Decisions are being made only with the interest of Football and P6 schools in mind. Additionally, there should be some sort of penalty associated with transferring on schools at the end of the day. Obviously you cannot do much to the athlete, but this should be treated like a buyout on trades. Schools who take scholarship athletes should be forced to payout the scholarship to the school + a premium of some sort.

I don't think we can sue because others do things that are in their own interest.

Here's what I would recommend: Get all the Mid Majors and Low Majors in a room. Everyone agree that NOBODY schedules buy games. Period. Home and home or nothing.

This wouldn’t be the flex you think it would be.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » April 10th, 2024, 12:17 pm

sivert wrote:

That would do nothing now. P5 schools don't want to play us. They want to play low majors and each other. that guarantees a high NET assuming they can beat the SWAC teams handily.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Birdfan2018 » April 10th, 2024, 2:02 pm

IMG_5762.jpeg
IMG_5762.jpeg (21.69 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » April 10th, 2024, 2:14 pm

Birdfan2018 wrote:
IMG_5762.jpeg

ISU couldn’t shoot a lick last year so this guy should really help.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Birdfan2018 » April 10th, 2024, 2:32 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Birdfan2018 wrote:
IMG_5762.jpeg

Leaves the Redbirds with two open scholarships. But with this commitment I would not be surprised to see Luke Kasubke and/or Jordan Davis hit the Portal.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Drakey » April 11th, 2024, 8:33 am

In this new age of college basketball the worst thing a school might be able to do is win. If you are too successful you lose your coach and all of your players, like Drake and Indiana State. Unfortunately the formula for success may be getting players that no P5 program would want, but who might stay for four years.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Adunk33 » April 11th, 2024, 8:44 am

Birdfan2018 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
Birdfan2018 wrote:
IMG_5762.jpeg

Leaves the Redbirds with two open scholarships. But with this commitment I would not be surprised to see Luke Kasubke and/or Jordan Davis hit the Portal.

Yeah, only two to fill now. The number I was eyeing all portal szn was 4 total. I've heard rumors a guy on the current roster could be stepping away from basketball. If true, we'd have 3 to fill and are hosting quite a few guys this weekend. Weather is looking great in Normal for the Spring football game but more importantly, visits.

Birds needs size, bad. Lieb and Walker are the only two posts on the roster, excluding freshman Daugherty who is more of a stretch 4.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » April 11th, 2024, 8:47 am

Drakey wrote:In this new age of college basketball the worst thing a school might be able to do is win. If you are too successful you lose your coach and all of your players, like Drake and Indiana State. Unfortunately the formula for success may be getting players that no P5 program would want, but who might stay for four years.

Brian Wardle and his 3 MVC championships say hi.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 11th, 2024, 8:52 am

Mikovio wrote:
Drakey wrote:In this new age of college basketball the worst thing a school might be able to do is win. If you are too successful you lose your coach and all of your players, like Drake and Indiana State. Unfortunately the formula for success may be getting players that no P5 program would want, but who might stay for four years.

Brian Wardle and his 3 MVC championships say hi.

As do Ben Jacobson and his 8 league titles and 4 NCAA Tournament wins.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball