Transfer portal——MVC guys

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Transfer portal——MVC guys

Postby BCPanther » May 2nd, 2024, 3:53 pm

Drakey wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Seems like the pendulum is swinging back to the slow, grind it out league we all fell in love with and I'm all the way here for it.

Ironic that SIU is the team that is going to want to play the fastest.

UGGH!

I mean, Drake hired the guy that wants to play the slowest of them all. If you take his tempo stats from NWMSU, he'd rank in the 330s in DI.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » May 4th, 2024, 8:35 am

UNI adds D3 AA Cael Schmitt as a grad transfer.

18 pts per game at Coe (IA). 2x league DPOY. Finished 7th in the voting for D3 National Player of the Year.

I mean, it's a whole new world and guys like Humrichous have proven that if you can play, you can play but I'm not sure I love shopping in D3.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 4th, 2024, 8:42 am

BCPanther wrote:UNI adds D3 AA Cael Schmitt as a grad transfer.

18 pts per game at Coe (IA). 2x league DPOY. Finished 7th in the voting for D3 National Player of the Year.

I mean, it's a whole new world and guys like Humrichous have proven that if you can play, you can play but I'm not sure I love shopping in D3.

He seems like a roster filler. He was a good but not great D3 player.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » May 5th, 2024, 11:32 am

BCPanther wrote:
Drakey wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Seems like the pendulum is swinging back to the slow, grind it out league we all fell in love with and I'm all the way here for it.

UGGH!

I mean, Drake hired the guy that wants to play the slowest of them all. If you take his tempo stats from NWMSU, he'd rank in the 330s in DI.

Is that true? I have no idea. Did you actually look at stats or are you just ballparking?
their scoring average seemed kind of middle of the road.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » May 6th, 2024, 8:49 am

Leon Bond officially official.

Huge upside. Lets see if he can get there.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » May 6th, 2024, 8:55 am

Drakey wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

Is that true? I have no idea. Did you actually look at stats or are you just ballparking?
their scoring average seemed kind of middle of the road.

It's not a bad thing when you run a 58+% eFG. It's all about efficiency no matter the pace you play.

I can't seem to find it again but I saw they had just over 65 possessions per game last year which would put them in the 300-320 range in DI.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ValleyFAN » May 9th, 2024, 7:36 am

Zo and Missouri State have added Dez White, a 6'2" combo guard transfer from Austin Peay. White is from Columbia, MO and earned an offer to Mizzou from Zo before he was shown the door. White went to prep school for a year and then landed at Austin Peay with former Bears asst Corey Gipson, where he averaged about 8ppg and earned all-freshmen ASUN honors. While there's been some questioning of many of our other signees, I think most fans are excited about White as he is a guy that seems poised to step in and start right away as an experienced scoring option.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ValleyFAN » May 9th, 2024, 11:36 am

Another pickup for Zo and the Bears as they get a verbal commitment from 6'10 F Allen Udemadu, a transfer from Morgan State where he averaged around 8 ppg as the teams starting big. Lanky but muscular build, moves pretty well athletically.

As I saw someone say on twitter, I have no idea how good any of these players are going to be...but I do trust Zo. Still a couple or more spots to fill.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ValleyFAN » May 9th, 2024, 12:58 pm

Yet ANOTHER verbal for Zo today, with South Plains JUCO forward Jalen Hampton committing to the Bears. 6'7" bouncy small forward type. Originally committed to the Bears out of prep school but following asst Corey Gipson to Northwestern State, where he average 10ppg as a true freshmen, before transferring to South Plains JUCO for his sophomore campaign. Hampton doesn't shoot the trey but is able to score in the lane and rebound at a high level and should be able to guard multiple positions.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Sir Sci » May 10th, 2024, 7:36 am

The three most recent commits + Baldwin are probably the guys I'm most excited to see as Bears. Seems like Zo started with depth and then started getting his future starters.

Also like that the roster is coming from all sources: transfers, JuCo, and HS. Not a one note recruiting approach.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball