UIC fires Luke Yaklich

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UIC fires Luke Yaklich

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2024, 8:33 am

Birdfan2018 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:If Schertz doesn't get Louisville, he's taking SLU.

Will he pull a Matt McMahon and take the Sycamore’s roster with him? Keep him there at least one more season Larry!

Of course he will. That roster competes for an A10 title immediately.

I'm sure the hire at Indiana State will go well. Who needs an AD or a President.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » March 14th, 2024, 8:49 am

Do you see Devries anywhere?

Looks like Chris Holtmann to DePaul. Which some guys may not have even wanted.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2024, 9:05 am

tribecalledquest wrote:

I thought Oklahoma was a fit but it looks like Porter is staying for now. If any other Big East jobs open, he's a fit. He's smart enough to not jump at anything but also knows that his stock is never going to be higher and he can bring Tucker along as a nice bonus to jump start the rebuild somewhere.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » March 14th, 2024, 9:18 am

BCPanther wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I thought Oklahoma was a fit but it looks like Porter is staying for now. If any other Big East jobs open, he's a fit. He's smart enough to not jump at anything but also knows that his stock is never going to be higher and he can bring Tucker along as a nice bonus to jump start the rebuild somewhere.

I get Moser is a "Chicago guy" and his ultimate goal is probably the Big East, but Depaul is a terrible job. I'm a fan of Porter and glad he's staying put for now.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 14th, 2024, 10:35 am

BCPanther wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

Not refuting this specifically, but there are like 3 jobs he's leaving for. He isn't jumping just for $$ or prestige.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2024, 10:40 am

He's smart enough not to jump for money alone but a tangential fit and $4M per year is awfully tough to say no to. I'm 50/50 on whether he jumps or not.

Plus, Drake has done enough in investment and facilities to not fall back off the map after he's gone. The infrastructure is sustainable.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Birdfan2018 » March 14th, 2024, 10:48 am

BCPanther wrote:He's smart enough not to jump for money alone but a tangential fit and $4M per year is awfully tough to say no to. I'm 50/50 on whether he jumps or not.

Plus, Drake has done enough in investment and facilities to not fall back off the map after he's gone. The infrastructure is sustainable.

Do you think he is going to drag Tucker into that mess for his last year of college ball?
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » March 14th, 2024, 10:52 am

Birdfan2018 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:He's smart enough not to jump for money alone but a tangential fit and $4M per year is awfully tough to say no to. I'm 50/50 on whether he jumps or not.

Do you think he is going to drag Tucker into that mess for his last year of college ball?

Tucker can play at any level. Actually, bringing Tucker along helps with rebuilding the roster because guys in the portal know you've got the tools to win right away.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces44 » March 14th, 2024, 10:55 am

BCPanther wrote:
Birdfan2018 wrote:

Tucker can play at any level. Actually, bringing Tucker along helps with rebuilding the roster because guys in the portal know you've got the tools to win right away.

^^^ this.
It’s the best time for him to move if that’s what he wants
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 14th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Don’t disagree on program future comment.

Bringing Tuck along is certainly a draw for any program looking (along with a couple other players potentially). I just don’t think D Rock’s previous actions or statements really line up with the idea of jumping to jump, even for a big payday. Community and being close to family are important for Coach, Tuck, and their whole family. We’ll see (and I could be wrong), but that’s my general feeling and observation.

Wildcard might be how fat a potential NIL deal would be for Tucker. Drake’s pretty far along in terms of fundraising and inked agreements with ours, but obviously won’t be able to match a P5 offer if they come with top 3-4 roster $$.

I do think if they go they go as a package.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball