Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Poll ended at April 12th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Tom Crean
5%
Jim Crutchfield
No votes
Matt Graves
37%
Terry Johnson
No votes
Matt Langel
No votes
Bob Huggins
No votes
Gregg Marshall
5%
Greg Lansing
16%
Michael Menser
No votes
Other
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coac

Postby FunchessonPopcorn » April 11th, 2024, 7:20 pm

jackwagon wrote:Sad to see valley fans hate on them like this. They have some outlandish posts, I'll give you that. They also have the most engaged fanbase in the league currently. Can you imagine if any of your teams had a ready made top 20 team ripped out of your hands? No current valley school has experienced this, so it's grand that you all feel so comfortable throwing jabs now. What would have UNI fans done if Seth Tuttle and his whole starting team left prior to his senior season? Or how would SIU fans have reacted after the 2003-04 season if Brooks and everyone left? Like this has never happen to a valley school on this scale and instead of shitting on them we should rally behind them and fight to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, because if the rules don't change it will. We have to get rid of multiple time transfers or make kids sign multiple year nil deals

Fair point.

One thing most old timer MVC fans and message boarders probably recall is Bradley wasn’t able to hide their crazy too well over the Jim Les era. So, I don’t want to paint with a broad brush about InSU fans, but there are certainly a few that are projecting a really bad look for InSU. Shouldn’t have been hard to keep that Bob Knight one in the drafts.

I do feel for their fans, at least any that were there before this year. Objectively, they should have seen where this was heading, but a lot of them probably did see it coming. Sometimes you can be right and brace for it, and still not be any less PO’d at the end of it than you would if you were delusional about it. Being right can be overrated, and cynics are right a lot…and still miserable at the end of it.

If you think about the emotional and time investment most of us that would frequent a board like this put into a game played by college kids, it is kinda a silly pursuit on its face to begin with. To have had a year like InSU had, and see it turn into nothing but a smoldering crater of history in literally days, that will really get you wondering what the upshot is if that’s as good as it gets.
FunchessonPopcorn
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jturner38 » April 12th, 2024, 9:45 am

Coach Graves Introductory Press Conference:
https://www.youtube.com/live/Tdb3xvRTGIM?feature=shared
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 12th, 2024, 12:52 pm

jturner38 wrote:Coach Graves Introductory Press Conference:
https://www.youtube.com/live/Tdb3xvRTGIM?feature=shared

4:55-5:00 in that video was the burn of the year in the MVC. The crowd audibly gasped. :bow:
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DawgsAllTheWayDown » April 17th, 2024, 12:05 pm

BCPanther wrote:
municup14 wrote:Also, Indiana State fans were complete assholes in StL this year after being irrelevant for decades so they can just go right back there as far as I'm concerned.

Amen. My wife and I were walking back to our hotel after Drake beat the Trees in StL. A group of 4 clodhopper ISU fans came up to us on the sidewalk and got in our faces. We were wearing DU hats/sweatshirts. A cop car happened to drive by and Cletus and Jethro and their buddies skulked away. Total dicks. So it's enjoyable watching the Gomer Nation message board still melting down almost 2 full weeks after JS headed to SLU. The self pity is strong with that bunch.
DawgsAllTheWayDown
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball