Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Poll ended at April 12th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Tom Crean
5%
Jim Crutchfield
No votes
Matt Graves
37%
Terry Johnson
No votes
Matt Langel
No votes
Bob Huggins
No votes
Gregg Marshall
5%
Greg Lansing
16%
Michael Menser
No votes
Other
37%

Total votes : 19

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 5th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Considering Josh Schertz's brother signed up on the Indiana St board and is battling posters in a thread 66 pages long (and counting), I'm going to assume their position is now vacant.

For a short stretch, Angie Lansing suddenly becomes the most powerful person in the Valley.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coac

Postby BCPanther » April 5th, 2024, 3:39 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Considering Josh Schertz's brother signed up on the Indiana St board and is battling posters in a thread 66 pages long (and counting), I'm going to assume their position is now vacant.

For a short stretch, Angie Lansing suddenly becomes the most powerful person in the Valley.

If it's Angie Lansing making the hire, the answer is whoever will work for the smallest salary possible.

I'm guessing they hire a D2 guy and try to have lightning strike twice. Crutchfield maybe?
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » April 5th, 2024, 5:27 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Considering Josh Schertz's brother signed up on the Indiana St board and is battling posters in a thread 66 pages long (and counting), I'm going to assume their position is now vacant.

That is one angry fan base right now.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SalukiWorld » April 5th, 2024, 6:20 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

The amount of people shocked is wild, this has been a done deal for weeks now
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » April 5th, 2024, 6:25 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

My guess is that is a SLU troll posing as Michael Schertz.

I have a feeling the administrative mess in Terre Haute sealed the deal, but Schertz handled this poorly. Like others have said, this has apparently been a done deal for awhile. No need to bait the fanbase/donors through the NIT run to pony up if he had no plans of staying. I also think there would be a lot less outrage if he was going to a P-5 program instead of an A-10, regardless of how much money they have. We battle the narrative that it is a superior conference at bid time, and then have stuff like this add credibility to it.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby spoon » April 5th, 2024, 6:38 pm

Rarely post here but holy s*** - get it together ISU fans. You’re getting trolled on your message board and absolutely losing it.

At the end of the day, Schertz elevated your program from the basement to a national darling. Maybe you restart with a different coach and a different roster, but at least give him credit for putting Indiana State’s name in the mouth of millions. Hope it will pay dividends down the line, but I know that acting like whiny children probably won’t do any favors.
Last edited by spoon on April 5th, 2024, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spoon
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby TylerDurden » April 5th, 2024, 6:39 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

The amount of people shocked is wild, this has been a done deal for weeks now

This is the most interesting thing. Everyone paying attention knew he was gone. These folks are acting like they got blindsided and that Schertz owes them something.

Not a single one of them would turn down the type of raise he's about to get.

I'm glad the Trees enjoyed some success this year and people have a right to feel however they want, but that fan base looks very petty at the moment. That guy gave you an incredible season, but he doesn't owe it to you to turn down a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal that you can't come close to matching.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » April 5th, 2024, 8:36 pm

The Indiana State board has been the most toxic Valley board for a while. All boards have their stupidity, definitely including SIU’s. But ISU’s blows me away every time I read anything on it. It is quite comical.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 5th, 2024, 9:06 pm

Someone on the ISU board said it best. This is the reality of Mid Majors. Coaches are always looking to climb the ladder. Mid Majors are seen as a stepping stone, not the end all be all. The only coach I know of that had success at this level and never decided to go for an upgrade was Homer Drew with Valpo in the 90s and 00s. He stayed at Valpo until he retired and even served as an associate AD after leaving coaching. It is very rare that coaches stay at the mid major level and are contempt to stay there.
ReZyNeZy
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BUFanatic » April 5th, 2024, 11:25 pm

ReZyNeZy wrote:Someone on the ISU board said it best. This is the reality of Mid Majors. Coaches are always looking to climb the ladder. Mid Majors are seen as a stepping stone, not the end all be all. The only coach I know of that had success at this level and never decided to go for an upgrade was Homer Drew with Valpo in the 90s and 00s. He stayed at Valpo until he retired and even served as an associate AD after leaving coaching. It is very rare that coaches stay at the mid major level and are contempt to stay there.

Good bet that Jacobson also joins this club.
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball