Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Poll ended at April 12th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Tom Crean
5%
Jim Crutchfield
No votes
Matt Graves
37%
Terry Johnson
No votes
Matt Langel
No votes
Bob Huggins
No votes
Gregg Marshall
5%
Greg Lansing
16%
Michael Menser
No votes
Other
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coac

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 9th, 2024, 9:00 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
jackwagon wrote:Sad to see valley fans hate on them like this. They have some outlandish posts, I'll give you that. They also have the most engaged fanbase in the league currently. Can you imagine if any of your teams had a ready made top 20 team ripped out of your hands? No current valley school has experienced this, so it's grand that you all feel so comfortable throwing jabs now. What would have UNI fans done if Seth Tuttle and his whole starting team left prior to his senior season? Or how would SIU fans have reacted after the 2003-04 season if Brooks and everyone left? Like this has never happen to a valley school on this scale and instead of shitting on them we should rally behind them and fight to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, because if the rules don't change it will. We have to get rid of multiple time transfers or make kids sign multiple year nil deals

I think you have to separate the fans into two categories (which a lot of people aren't doing) instead of blending the fans into one.

The minority of Indiana St fans are acting ridiculous given some of the outlandish, unacceptable things pointed out on the previous page. In particular, the rape comparison post is going to trigger an emotional reaction from people -- I know it was that specific post that set me off.

The majority of Indiana St fans deserve full support. I posted back in January that I thought Hulman Center traditionally has had the friendliest fans to visitors. They're the most engaged fan base in the league. They sold out 6 games, filled 8-9 sections of the lower bowl in STL with more dispersed throughout the arena, and took over Hinkle Fieldhouse. I went to both Hinkle games - going off the 9100 capacity, ISU brought 8500 fans for the semis and nearly 9k for the championship.

The league needs Indiana St fans to continue to be fervently engaged. If just one other fan base replicates what Indiana St brought to STL, the lower bowl is 100% full. WE NEED crowds like the Sea of Powder Blue brought to STL this year.

Sadly these fans come with success. Just look at old photos of the ARC back in Valpos prime. Over capacity crowds used to be common place at that old place. Valpo used to have one of the bigges home court advantages in the country. Now, while attendance was better this year, we can fill the lower bowl on a good day. ISU fans should be supported, but I still think the actions need to be called out still.
ReZyNeZy
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » April 10th, 2024, 7:09 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
jackwagon wrote:Sad to see valley fans hate on them like this. They have some outlandish posts, I'll give you that. They also have the most engaged fanbase in the league currently. Can you imagine if any of your teams had a ready made top 20 team ripped out of your hands? No current valley school has experienced this, so it's grand that you all feel so comfortable throwing jabs now. What would have UNI fans done if Seth Tuttle and his whole starting team left prior to his senior season? Or how would SIU fans have reacted after the 2003-04 season if Brooks and everyone left? Like this has never happen to a valley school on this scale and instead of shitting on them we should rally behind them and fight to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, because if the rules don't change it will. We have to get rid of multiple time transfers or make kids sign multiple year nil deals

I think you have to separate the fans into two categories (which a lot of people aren't doing) instead of blending the fans into one.

The minority of Indiana St fans are acting ridiculous given some of the outlandish, unacceptable things pointed out on the previous page. In particular, the rape comparison post is going to trigger an emotional reaction from people -- I know it was that specific post that set me off.

The majority of Indiana St fans deserve full support. I posted back in January that I thought Hulman Center traditionally has had the friendliest fans to visitors. They're the most engaged fan base in the league. They sold out 6 games, filled 8-9 sections of the lower bowl in STL with more dispersed throughout the arena, and took over Hinkle Fieldhouse. I went to both Hinkle games - going off the 9100 capacity, ISU brought 8500 fans for the semis and nearly 9k for the championship.

The league needs Indiana St fans to continue to be fervently engaged. If just one other fan base replicates what Indiana St brought to STL, the lower bowl is 100% full. WE NEED crowds like the Sea of Powder Blue brought to STL this year.

Indiana State is not special in the sense of selling out games during a special season. Valpo, Bradley, SIU, Murray, and probably several others have proven that they can do this too. It’s easy to show up during great seasons.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 10th, 2024, 7:31 am

Frankly, the only school that hasn't shown the ability to consistently sell out during periods of success is Drake but there are lots of reasons for that beyond their control so it's hard to hold it against them.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » April 10th, 2024, 7:58 am

BCPanther wrote:Frankly, the only school that hasn't shown the ability to consistently sell out during periods of success is Drake but there are lots of reasons for that beyond their control so it's hard to hold it against them.

I don't want to take this thread completely off topic, but what are the reasons beyond their control? The only one I can think of is zero coverage from the local newspaper, so some potential fans don't even know when their games are.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PretzelDawg » April 10th, 2024, 8:15 am

Apparently, SIU had the parts in place in 2022-23 to have a great offensive team, but we didn't really have the coach to get Domask, Jones, and X humming. It stinks, but you don't see Salukis over the top about what happened. If done correctly, that Saluki team should have been a Top 25 squad.

However, I like a passionate fan base and appreciate that the Sycamores do bring this.
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » April 10th, 2024, 8:31 am

DUBulldog wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Frankly, the only school that hasn't shown the ability to consistently sell out during periods of success is Drake but there are lots of reasons for that beyond their control so it's hard to hold it against them.

I don't want to take this thread completely off topic, but what are the reasons beyond their control? The only one I can think of is zero coverage from the local newspaper, so some potential fans don't even know when their games are.

That's the big one and, also, Iowa State has done a fantastic job of getting into the Des Moines metro and Drake doesn't have that buffer geographically that UNI has to get away from Iowa and Iowa State.

If you can hold on to that AD, I think you'll grow. He does a great job of promoting the brand and what Drake can be.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers42 » April 10th, 2024, 11:35 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Didn't know that. Edited it in.

Takes a lot of nerve for someone with 1 post before today who didn't register until last month to fancy themselves an expert and lecture us on how this board reacted and compared it to what's going on with a minority of ISUb fans right now (which has threats, comparing Schertz to rape, ending up on @MessageBoardGeniuses, etc.)

Then you go read the 32-page thread when Loyola left to see the reaction, and the discussion is predominantly about MVC expansion candidates, expansion rumors, etc. There was nothing even close to the above.

It’s a weird comparison in the first place. Loyola left the MVC and majority of the Loyola fans were happy with the move. MVC fans of course will throw some shade at Loyola but it’s not a big deal. The forum never had many Loyola fans in the first place. Meanwhile ISUb finally saw a glimpse of potential and their program got decimated. Obviously that’s going to make a lot of their fans upset and irrational. There’s always going to be some lunatics attached to every fan base (rape comment guy), the rational fans usually stay quiet. The poster that just created their account is clearly a troll. This thread is pretty tame, the ISUb board is out of control though as expected.
Blers42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Drakey » April 11th, 2024, 8:43 am

I don't know. UNI won the Valley in 21-22 and averaged about 2500. Drake finished third and averaged 3200.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 11th, 2024, 8:56 am

Drakey wrote:

I don't know. UNI won the Valley in 21-22 and averaged about 2500. Drake finished third and averaged 3200.

Not to pick nits but our former AD got reprimanded by the state treasurer and BOR for inaccurate record keeping and auditing for that year and 22-23 in football/MBB/VB and Wrestling. Those numbers were very low when you look at it as to butts in seats.

Thank God he's Tulane's problem now.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MidwestBest » April 11th, 2024, 9:32 am

Blers42 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Didn't know that. Edited it in.

Takes a lot of nerve for someone with 1 post before today who didn't register until last month to fancy themselves an expert and lecture us on how this board reacted and compared it to what's going on with a minority of ISUb fans right now (which has threats, comparing Schertz to rape, ending up on @MessageBoardGeniuses, etc.)

Then you go read the 32-page thread when Loyola left to see the reaction, and the discussion is predominantly about MVC expansion candidates, expansion rumors, etc. There was nothing even close to the above.

It’s a weird comparison in the first place. Loyola left the MVC and majority of the Loyola fans were happy with the move. MVC fans of course will throw some shade at Loyola but it’s not a big deal. The forum never had many Loyola fans in the first place. Meanwhile ISUb finally saw a glimpse of potential and their program got decimated. Obviously that’s going to make a lot of their fans upset and irrational. There’s always going to be some lunatics attached to every fan base (rape comment guy), the rational fans usually stay quiet. The poster that just created their account is clearly a troll. This thread is pretty tame, the ISUb board is out of control though as expected.

Id say a troll is a fan of a team that isn't in the conference anymore hanging around trying to rile up days old disagreements. go enjoy the A10 board my guy and stop calling me names...oh wait the A10 doesn't have a board like this because its a less engaged conference.
MidwestBest
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball