Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Poll ended at April 12th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Tom Crean
5%
Jim Crutchfield
No votes
Matt Graves
37%
Terry Johnson
No votes
Matt Langel
No votes
Bob Huggins
No votes
Gregg Marshall
5%
Greg Lansing
16%
Michael Menser
No votes
Other
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coac

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 6th, 2024, 10:01 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Just read a national board where fans from teams like Oklahoma and on the East Coast are discussing how the Indiana St board has imploded with a 75+ page thread and are reciting the coach's AD being his predecessor's former wife, the whole Deborah Curtis drama with baseball, canning the AD months back, etc.

Their board has really caught the attention of a lot of people.

Seeing as message boards are the go to for college hoops discussions as apps like real do not cover NCAAMB. Its a very public location to display the majority of your fanbase. Luckily they are most likely retaining Avila and one more whose name I cannot remember. That combined with the awakening of the donor base, I feel like the turnover at ISU will be relatively minimal knocking on wood
ReZyNeZy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dean_siu » April 6th, 2024, 10:36 pm

If ISU is smart, they'd reach out to Chris Lowery. He's a proven winner in the MVC and post season. He's the tip assistant coach in the Big 10. And he has great recruiting contacts throughout the midwest. Additionally, I'm sure he'd be extra motivated after SIU screwed him again with this year's search. Not sure what ISUs budget is but I bet a 5 year offer for $6 million could get the deal done and insure continued success.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DUBulldog » April 7th, 2024, 7:22 am

dean_siu wrote:If ISU is smart, they'd reach out to Chris Lowery. He's a proven winner in the MVC and post season. He's the tip assistant coach in the Big 10. And he has great recruiting contacts throughout the midwest. Additionally, I'm sure he'd be extra motivated after SIU screwed him again with this year's search. Not sure what ISUs budget is but I bet a 5 year offer for $6 million could get the deal done and insure continued success.

Dean, I give you credit for never wavering from your schtick
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FunchessonPopcorn » April 7th, 2024, 8:53 am

dean_siu wrote:If ISU is smart, they'd reach out to Chris Lowery. He's a proven winner in the MVC and post season. He's the tip assistant coach in the Big 10. And he has great recruiting contacts throughout the midwest. Additionally, I'm sure he'd be extra motivated after SIU screwed him again with this year's search. Not sure what ISUs budget is but I bet a 5 year offer for $6 million could get the deal done and insure continued success.

It is fun to imagine the outrage that would ensue if Indiana State were to somehow immediately offer about 50% more to Lowery than they just did to try to retain Schertz.
FunchessonPopcorn
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby dean_siu » April 7th, 2024, 11:56 am

FunchessonPopcorn wrote:

It is fun to imagine the outrage that would ensue if Indiana State were to somehow immediately offer about 50% more to Lowery than they just did to try to retain Schertz.

I doubt any fans would be outraged by elevating the program to new levels where NCAA tourney victories could be in their future instead of winning games in the NIT. It's time for members of this conference to start thinking bigger instead of being happy with one bid and a first round exit each year. There's a reason the MWC is running laps around the MVC these days and it's largely because of the complacency of the schools.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DUBulldog » April 7th, 2024, 12:42 pm

dean_siu wrote:
FunchessonPopcorn wrote:

I doubt any fans would be outraged by elevating the program to new levels where NCAA tourney victories could be in their future instead of winning games in the NIT. It's time for members of this conference to start thinking bigger instead of being happy with one bid and a first round exit each year. There's a reason the MWC is running laps around the MVC these days and it's largely because of the complacency of the schools.

Next MWC opening, we'll see how quickly they snatch up Chris Lowery
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 7th, 2024, 12:54 pm

dean_siu wrote:
FunchessonPopcorn wrote:

We were the 9th best conference this year looking at RPI and ratings. 10th by NET. We need to hold ourselves to the standards of the A-10 and MWC. Their success ultimately allowed for their income, enrollment, and athletic standards to improve across the board for these conferences.
ReZyNeZy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » April 7th, 2024, 3:29 pm

ReZyNeZy wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Just read a national board where fans from teams like Oklahoma and on the East Coast are discussing how the Indiana St board has imploded with a 75+ page thread and are reciting the coach's AD being his predecessor's former wife, the whole Deborah Curtis drama with baseball, canning the AD months back, etc.

Their board has really caught the attention of a lot of people.

Seeing as message boards are the go to for college hoops discussions as apps like real do not cover NCAAMB. Its a very public location to display the majority of your fanbase. Luckily they are most likely retaining Avila and one more whose name I cannot remember. That combined with the awakening of the donor base, I feel like the turnover at ISU will be relatively minimal knocking on wood

Not sure where you're getting this from or is this more hopeful thinking from Trees fans like they were gobsmacked when Schertz left?
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 7th, 2024, 6:08 pm

Not sure where you're getting this from or is this more hopeful thinking from Trees fans like they were gobsmacked when Schertz left?

Its rumor I have seen from analysts. Hence why I said "Most likely" as opposed to claiming they were indeed staying. If I was a betting man I'd give it 70 30 odds for staying and leaving
ReZyNeZy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » April 7th, 2024, 6:51 pm

There's no doubt in my mind Indiana State can make a favorable bid for Avila given what they raised to keep Schertz and with all the momentum built up for the program. But that likely means not affording literally anyone else and if you're Avila, do you really want to take the bag and play with nobody around you?
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball