Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Poll ended at April 12th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Tom Crean
5%
Jim Crutchfield
No votes
Matt Graves
37%
Terry Johnson
No votes
Matt Langel
No votes
Bob Huggins
No votes
Gregg Marshall
5%
Greg Lansing
16%
Michael Menser
No votes
Other
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coac

Postby MidwestBest » April 9th, 2024, 1:50 pm

1. Wasn't a lecture, was a comparison
2. Wasnt intending to talk about the school that shall not be named, was attempting to discuss the ISUb reaction but the part that drew response was the former
3. I am new, new fans exist I apologize for taking an interest in the conference message board
MidwestBest
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 9th, 2024, 1:51 pm

It doesn't matter how long someone has had an account. Actions from ISUb fans have been inexcusable. Thst has nothing to do with how much someone has posted in a forum. Yoy should never use that bob knight quote for anything. Yoy should never threaten someone's family. You can be mad that these players are leaving and the state of the portal, but the ISU fans actions have been deplorable. I admit not all fans have been doing this and some have gone the right way, but there are way too many people doing these things. Be better...
ReZyNeZy
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » April 9th, 2024, 2:40 pm

ReZyNeZy wrote:It doesn't matter how long someone has had an account. Actions from ISUb fans have been inexcusable. Thst has nothing to do with how much someone has posted in a forum. Yoy should never use that bob knight quote for anything. Yoy should never threaten someone's family. You can be mad that these players are leaving and the state of the portal, but the ISU fans actions have been deplorable. I admit not all fans have been doing this and some have gone the right way, but there are way too many people doing these things. Be better...

They were unbearable in St Louis too. No self awareness and they'll all be gone again as they slide back into obscurity.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 9th, 2024, 2:49 pm

MidwestBest wrote:You got me there, i guess it made no sense for them to leave. they certainly don't have like dorm rooms and s*** named after other A10 schools.

JFC we are losers, who cares if a school who was in the conference for a decade stays or leaves? they're nothing to the valley, y'all need to get over it.

I don't care about Loyola leaving for the A10. It made sense for them.

But trying to make it about "like minded Catholic institutions" is intellectually dishonest. Just call it what it is - a better basketball league more than likely, many of which has schools in major metro areas.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MidwestBest » April 9th, 2024, 3:00 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
MidwestBest wrote:You got me there, i guess it made no sense for them to leave. they certainly don't have like dorm rooms and s*** named after other A10 schools.

JFC we are losers, who cares if a school who was in the conference for a decade stays or leaves? they're nothing to the valley, y'all need to get over it.

I don't care about Loyola leaving for the A10. It made sense for them.

But trying to make it about "like minded Catholic institutions" is intellectually dishonest. Just call it what it is - a better basketball league more than likely, many of which has schools in major metro areas.

That's bait, I've learned that its better off to just not mention them. I might be new but I'm not a glutton for punishment.
MidwestBest
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby jackwagon » April 9th, 2024, 6:21 pm

Sad to see valley fans hate on them like this. They have some outlandish posts, I'll give you that. They also have the most engaged fanbase in the league currently. Can you imagine if any of your teams had a ready made top 20 team ripped out of your hands? No current valley school has experienced this, so it's grand that you all feel so comfortable throwing jabs now. What would have UNI fans done if Seth Tuttle and his whole starting team left prior to his senior season? Or how would SIU fans have reacted after the 2003-04 season if Brooks and everyone left? Like this has never happen to a valley school on this scale and instead of shitting on them we should rally behind them and fight to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, because if the rules don't change it will. We have to get rid of multiple time transfers or make kids sign multiple year nil deals
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MidwestBest » April 9th, 2024, 6:51 pm

jackwagon wrote:Sad to see valley fans hate on them like this. They have some outlandish posts, I'll give you that. They also have the most engaged fanbase in the league currently. Can you imagine if any of your teams had a ready made top 20 team ripped out of your hands? No current valley school has experienced this, so it's grand that you all feel so comfortable throwing jabs now. What would have UNI fans done if Seth Tuttle and his whole starting team left prior to his senior season? Or how would SIU fans have reacted after the 2003-04 season if Brooks and everyone left? Like this has never happen to a valley school on this scale and instead of shitting on them we should rally behind them and fight to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, because if the rules don't change it will. We have to get rid of multiple time transfers or make kids sign multiple year nil deals

Coaches & players leave, it is what it is. Even returning everyone there was no guarantee for ISU. They certainly weren't better this year than FAU was last year, they returned everyone and had a disappointing season. The Harry Potter scarves returned almost everyone from their FF team and finished like 3rd the following season.

The games different now, it's not ruined. Hell ISU utilized transfers to turn it around so quickly. Adapt or die, it's college basketball in 2024.
MidwestBest
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby TylerDurden » April 9th, 2024, 7:59 pm

jackwagon wrote:Sad to see valley fans hate on them like this. They have some outlandish posts, I'll give you that. They also have the most engaged fanbase in the league currently. Can you imagine if any of your teams had a ready made top 20 team ripped out of your hands? No current valley school has experienced this, so it's grand that you all feel so comfortable throwing jabs now. What would have UNI fans done if Seth Tuttle and his whole starting team left prior to his senior season? Or how would SIU fans have reacted after the 2003-04 season if Brooks and everyone left? Like this has never happen to a valley school on this scale and instead of shitting on them we should rally behind them and fight to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, because if the rules don't change it will. We have to get rid of multiple time transfers or make kids sign multiple year nil deals

It's sad to see adults acting like complete buffoons over a team the majority of them didn't care about three months ago. Calling that out isn't hate.

The only people who can make sure it doesn't happen again are the same Indiana State fans who are throwing a tantrum by supporting with $$ and pressuring the administration to invest in the program. Will they?

If they really care, that's where it starts. Caring only after a great season is why they only have this type of season once every 40 years and why they can't retain a successful coach. They didn't have the capacity to keep him because they haven't invested.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 9th, 2024, 8:08 pm

Coaches & players leave, it is what it is. Even returning everyone there was no guarantee for ISU. They certainly weren't better this year than FAU was last year, they returned everyone and had a disappointing season. The Harry Potter scarves returned almost everyone from their FF team and finished like 3rd the following season.

The games different now, it's not ruined. Hell ISU utilized transfers to turn it around so quickly. Adapt or die, it's college basketball in 2024.

ISU had the unfortunate circumstance of the coach leaving, and the team over performing. Players will abandon ship when a coach leaves. Coach leaving and team over preforming is just asking for a mass exodus.
ReZyNeZy
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 9th, 2024, 8:28 pm

I think you have to separate the fans into two categories (which a lot of people aren't doing) instead of blending the fans into one.

The minority of Indiana St fans are acting ridiculous given some of the outlandish, unacceptable things pointed out on the previous page. In particular, the rape comparison post is going to trigger an emotional reaction from people -- I know it was that specific post that set me off.

The majority of Indiana St fans deserve full support. I posted back in January that I thought Hulman Center traditionally has had the friendliest fans to visitors. They're the most engaged fan base in the league. They sold out 6 games, filled 8-9 sections of the lower bowl in STL with more dispersed throughout the arena, and took over Hinkle Fieldhouse. I went to both Hinkle games - going off the 9100 capacity, ISU brought 8500 fans for the semis and nearly 9k for the championship.

The league needs Indiana St fans to continue to be fervently engaged. If just one other fan base replicates what Indiana St brought to STL, the lower bowl is 100% full. WE NEED crowds like the Sea of Powder Blue brought to STL this year.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball