Long term effects of COVID on attendance

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Long term effects of COVID on attendance

Postby NuncEstBibendum » February 6th, 2022, 6:08 pm

05Racer wrote:All I said was Sweden fared better than us while doing nothing. It's a complicated problem and some things are beyond anyone's control. I reject the notion that there is an optimal provable COVID response. As long as some people insist there is and refuse to budge nothing will change.

If you dont believe there WAS an optimal response, you are wrong. Look at what South Korea and Taiwan did. I wont bring up China because it will trigger people, but its fact.

We missed the boat, it has sailed and now we need to adjust, that much is true.
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aces44 » February 6th, 2022, 6:41 pm

NuncEstBibendum wrote:
05Racer wrote:All I said was Sweden fared better than us while doing nothing. It's a complicated problem and some things are beyond anyone's control. I reject the notion that there is an optimal provable COVID response. As long as some people insist there is and refuse to budge nothing will change.

If you dont believe there WAS an optimal response, you are wrong. Look at what South Korea and Taiwan did. I wont bring up China because it will trigger people, but its fact.

You think the diet of the average American, and the diet of the average Korean are the same??
LOL.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby NuncEstBibendum » February 6th, 2022, 6:50 pm

Aces44 wrote:
NuncEstBibendum wrote:

You think the diet of the average American, and the diet of the average Korean are the same??
LOL.

I expect you did not and will not understand what I said. If you want to respond to an epidemic by telling the population to lose weight, THE SHIP HAS SAILED and we are just going to have to accept this virus as part of our lives.

That does not mean we ignore it, but we do what it takes to minimize its impact by suffering the inconvenience of wearing masks which I do not like (I was at a bar today) and getting vaccinated and just being reasonable people. This is not a fight between red and blue, its a fight between stupid and reasonable people. :Beer:
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aces44 » February 6th, 2022, 7:40 pm

Wearing Masks have been debunked completely as a way to stop the spread, and the jab has mostly indistinguishable results. But go on if it makes you feel better.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby NuncEstBibendum » February 6th, 2022, 7:54 pm

Aces44 wrote:Wearing Masks have been debunked completely as a way to stop the spread, and the jab has mostly indistinguishable results. But go on if it makes you feel better.

The jab has indistinguishable results? Please leave the internet. Please.
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » February 6th, 2022, 8:07 pm

Aces44 wrote:Wearing Masks have been debunked completely as a way to stop the spread, and the jab has mostly indistinguishable results. But go on if it makes you feel better.

Are you a healthcare professional with actual experience with Covid? If not your opinion is totally worthless.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » February 6th, 2022, 8:27 pm

They didn’t is my point.

Not to you 05-

And masks work. So does social distancing. So do the vaccines. The people still dying are nearly all unvaccinated. Anyone who says different doesn’t live in reality and can’t be reasoned with.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces44 » February 6th, 2022, 8:38 pm

glm38 wrote:

Are you a healthcare professional with actual experience with Covid? If not your opinion is totally worthless.

It’s not my opinion, it’s the clear data. You might want to look into it.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 05Racer » February 6th, 2022, 9:00 pm

Sigh, I was gonna post something else but screw it. This isn't worth my time. Everybody talking at each other and no one is listening. Zealotry can't be reasoned with, and make no mistake, you're all zealots, all of you, and you deserve each other.

Matthew 5:43-5:45
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."
05Racer
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » February 6th, 2022, 10:04 pm

Aces44 wrote:
glm38 wrote:

It’s not my opinion, it’s the clear data. You might want to look into it.

As an actual healthcare professional on the front lines i know different from personal experience. I would say more but it's always as waste of time trying to convince conspiracy theorists.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic