Long term effects of COVID on attendance

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Long term effects of COVID on attendance

Postby glm38 » February 6th, 2022, 10:08 pm

05Racer wrote:Sigh, I was gonna post something else but screw it. This isn't worth my time. Everybody talking at each other and no one is listening. Zealotry can't be reasoned with, and make no mistake, you're all zealots, all of you, and you deserve each other.

Matthew 5:43-5:45
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Zealotry?? Really?? How about "judge not" . Say what you will but for those of us on the frontlines of the epidemic it's very personal and real and it's difficult to not get involved when disinformation is involved.
Last edited by glm38 on February 6th, 2022, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NuncEstBibendum » February 6th, 2022, 10:24 pm

Where I live there are a few bar/restaurants which have required vax proof even before any government institution mandated it.

Its completely anecdotal but 2 of 3 have reported increased business since their customers felt more comfortable being around people they assumed were not idiots.
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RacerJoeD » February 6th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Are you a healthcare professional with actual experience with Covid? If not your opinion is totally worthless.[/quote]

It’s not my opinion, it’s the clear data. You might want to look into it.[/quote]

As an actual healthcare professional on the front lines i know different from personal experience. I would say more but it's always as waste of time trying to convince conspiracy theorists.[/quote]

Thanks for what you all do. It might not feel like it, but there are a lot of us who appreciate what you all do.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 6th, 2022, 10:40 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:Are you a healthcare professional with actual experience with Covid? If not your opinion is totally worthless.

It’s not my opinion, it’s the clear data. You might want to look into it.[/quote]

As an actual healthcare professional on the front lines i know different from personal experience. I would say more but it's always as waste of time trying to convince conspiracy theorists.[/quote]

Thanks for what you all do. It might not feel like it, but there are a lot of us who appreciate what you all do.[/quote]

Thanks. It's obvious SOME people are appreciative. These last couple of years have been far and away my toughest in a 40 year career in healthcare.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » February 7th, 2022, 7:38 am

glm38 wrote:Thanks. It's obvious SOME people are appreciative. These last couple of years have been far and away my toughest in a 40 year career in healthcare.

I also have 40+ years in healthcare. These last two years have been unprecedented.

What scares me more than anything is the burnout among healthcare professionals.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 9628 » February 7th, 2022, 8:11 am

And the burnout among teachers.
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby RacerJoeD » February 7th, 2022, 8:54 am

The reality is that society is dependent upon the very same people that we dump on
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces44 » February 7th, 2022, 9:56 am

To be certain, I didn’t “Dump on” anyone.

But the data is becoming clearer by the day that the true determinants in getting The Rona and having it be seriously detrimental are : Vit D deficiency and Obesity

Having been Vaccinated appears to do next to nothing in stopping the spread and or curbing it’s effects on those Vit D deficient and obese.

I have no ill will towards medical professionals. I have much Angst for those pushing misinformation that leads to their bank Accts (that may or may not be you personally. I’ll have no way of knowing)
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby RacerJoeD » February 7th, 2022, 10:09 am

Aces44 wrote:To be certain, I didn’t “Dump on” anyone.

But the data is becoming clearer by the day that the true determinants in getting The Rona and having it be seriously detrimental are : Vit D deficiency and Obesity

Having been Vaccinated appears to do next to nothing in stopping the spread and or curbing it’s effects on those Vit D deficient and obese.

I have no ill will towards medical professionals. I have much Angst for those pushing misinformation that leads to their bank Accts (that may or may not be you personally. I’ll have no way of knowing)

This post simply isn't true.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » February 7th, 2022, 10:20 am

Aces44 wrote:To be certain, I didn’t “Dump on” anyone.

As someone who is overweight and probably vitamin D deficient (at least this time of year), I can tell you my Covid infection in January was very mild. I'm thankful for the vaccine and to have been boosted prior to contracting Covid. I know unvaccinated folks who were otherwise healthy who have had some pretty bad experiences lately.

I think mandates have outlived their effectiveness and it's time to pivot to a different strategy where people can make their own informed decisions, but misinformation like this should still be called out.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic