JUCO Justin McCloud signs w/ ISUr

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby mathewson10 » April 17th, 2014, 2:04 pm

Looks like ISU got their Zeisloft replacement:
Justin McCloud
Height: 6'3"
Year: So
Hometown: Bottineau, ND
Position: G
GP

PTS/G

FG %
3PT %

FT %

REB/G
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: JUCO Justin McCloud signs w/ ISUr

Postby Wufan » April 17th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Good get.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 20th, 2014, 9:55 am

His #s certainly are gaudy. He played for an average JUCO team in an average JUCO league. Its dangerous to compare JUCO stats one to one. That said he certainly appears to fill the Nick Zeisloft spot.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 21st, 2014, 2:42 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:His #s certainly are gaudy. He played for an average JUCO team in an average JUCO league. Its dangerous to compare JUCO stats one to one. That said he certainly appears to fill the Nick Zeisloft spot.

I agree. You never know what you are going to get with a JUCO until they suit up & start playing but I think both of ISUr JUCO signings this year can play a role on the team. Purcell is a lot more likely to be an overall threat but its nice to add a stand around shooter who can can knock down some open shots. The defense will be a lot tougher at this level but if the guy can shoot 47% at JUCO then I hope he can shoot at least 30% at this level.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » April 21st, 2014, 3:22 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:His #s certainly are gaudy. He played for an average JUCO team in an average JUCO league. Its dangerous to compare JUCO stats one to one. That said he certainly appears to fill the Nick Zeisloft spot.

I agree. You never know what you are going to get with a JUCO until they suit up & start playing but I think both of ISUr JUCO signings this year can play a role on the team. Purcell is a lot more likely to be an overall threat but its nice to add a stand around shooter who can can knock down some open shots. The defense will be a lot tougher at this level but if the guy can shoot 47% at JUCO then I hope he can shoot at least 30% at this level.

Being a good shooter doesn't change when one goes from JUCO to D-I. Getting open shots and having a green light might, but I imagine that he will be 40%+ shooter this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 22nd, 2014, 9:50 am

Wufan wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:

Being a good shooter doesn't change when one goes from JUCO to D-I. Getting open shots and having a green light might, but I imagine that he will be 40%+ shooter this year.

Agreed! :Cheers:
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting