The Curious Case of Manny Watkins

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » April 20th, 2013, 6:53 pm

This kid from Fayetteville, AR was set to sign with Missouri State on Wednesday but it did not happen. Supposedly Arkansas got in on him late due to his dad and yet he never signed a LOI with them either. It is really frustrating with today's kids and their understanding of what it means when you give your word. Lusk was left completley in the dark. Completely.

I was watching a special earlier this week on the Doolittle Raiders who famously bombed Japan in 1942 and piqued our morale during the early, dark days of the Second World War. They are having their last public reunion this week and really exemplify the Greatest Generation. If those guys said they were going to do something, you better believe that they were honest and would honor a commitment. It would really help our society if a lot of our current youngsters--I'm looking at you Manuale Watkins--would study some of the accomplishments of the Greatest Generation. They might learn a thing or two about sacrifice, honor, and...even commitment.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The Curious Case of Manny Watkins

Postby tribecalledquest » April 21st, 2013, 7:24 pm

Similar thing has happened to Bradley with top JUCO recruit Deshawn Delaney. Delaney verballed after his visit to Bradley but his High School coach has basically blocked it. He wants Delaney to take his trips to Texas A&M and New Mexico. I understand these kids have advisors but it is their decision in the end.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Johhnyfingers » April 24th, 2013, 11:18 pm

I know Manny and if he is doing this there must be a good reason for it. He is a good kid and I know he will have success where ever he goes.
Johhnyfingers
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » April 26th, 2013, 11:35 am

Johhnyfingers wrote:I know Manny and if he is doing this there must be a good reason for it. He is a good kid and I know he will have success where ever he goes.

I like his game okay. I know Arkansas always plays a lot of kids so maybe that is where his fit could be. He can definitely play in the SEC.

I think the mom, Burrell, or whatever has had a big say in why we stand where we do with Manny today. Melvin is not a great coach, but he is good man from what I know. I think the mom is a big part of the last minute switcharoo. Talked to some MSU people in the know and some think that Lusk still wants him badly and another one said Lusk wouldn't even take a phone call from Manny if he wanted to recommit. Confusing.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting