Xzavier Taylor - 6-9 F/C - BU Commit

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Bradley got a late commitment from 6-9 F/C Xzavier Taylor from Morgan Park HS in Chicago.

Morgan Park was one of the best teams in country this past year. They went 31-3, won the Class 3A state title in Illinois, split two games with Chicago Simeon and the only other loses were to Whitney Young in Chicago and Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas.

Taylor averaged 8.5 points and 8 rebounds a game. Morgan Park has 5-6 D1 players on the roster. Taylor hurt his knee in the summer and worked himself back in the shape. He played really well in March and averaged a double-double in the state tournament.

He was expected to be a non-qualifier and was taking JUCO visits but he had a very good year academically and it looks like he will be a qualifier. Bradley snuck in then. His high school coach is Nick Irvin. Taylor played for the Mac Irvin AAU team. BU assitant Chin Coleman was a former coach for Mac Irvin Fire.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Xzavier Taylor - 6-9 F/C - BU Commit

Postby Valleyball » May 12th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Couple articles.

http://www.pjstar.com/bradleyhoops/x886 ... ark-senior
Xzavier is athletic, rebounds the ball well and blocks shots,” Irvin said. “He has a nice mid-range jump shot and likes to get physical in there.

“He needs to keep on developing his low-post game. I think he will be an NBA player at the end of the day. I’m anxious to see him in a Bradley uniform. Chin and I are like brothers and Xzavier is like a son to me.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/high-sc ... to-bradley
Taylor, a 6-foot-9 power forward, chose the Braves over Kansas State and Wake Forest, among others. He is ranked the No. 63 power forward in the Class of 2013 by ESPN.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Thanks Valleyball. Beat me to it.

If Xzavier Taylor puts the time in the gym he should become a good MVC player. If he doesn't then he won't. Potential is there but right now it is just that, potential.

BU is recruiting another Morgan Park kid--Josh Cunningham, who was a junior this year. Cunningham will probably end up going BCS level but Bradley has been on him the longest. Sometimes that helps.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » May 12th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Saw Taylor play multiple times at the Spiece Run-N-Slam last weekend. He was playing down with the 17U Mac Irvin Fire. He's a great get considering the circumstance of the commitment. I really like his naturals; ability to run the floor, body control, length. His two-hand coordination needs work like most young bigs. He doesn't finish or rebound well in traffic. I made the comparison to Kraidon Woods. Woods never developed like he was projected to. If XT can, he will be a front-court force in the MVC.

Josh Cunningham is on the verge of being high-major plus. He put on a show in Ft. Wayne. Monster.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2013, 9:32 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:Saw Taylor play multiple times at the Spiece Run-N-Slam last weekend. He was playing down with the 17U Mac Irvin Fire. He's a great get considering the circumstance of the commitment. I really like his naturals; ability to run the floor, body control, length. His two-hand coordination needs work like most young bigs. He doesn't finish or rebound well in traffic. I made the comparison to Kraidon Woods. Woods never developed like he was projected to. If XT can, he will be a front-court force in the MVC.

Josh Cunningham is on the verge of being high-major plus. He put on a show in Ft. Wayne. Monster.

Thanks for the scouting report Recon.

I don't have much faith in getting Cunningham.

I don't mean to hype Taylor. He has a ways to go. But I think at this level he is the type of kid that has a legit chance in the MVC.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting