Loyola gets commitment

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Loyola gets commitment

Postby DUBulldog » July 19th, 2013, 5:55 pm

DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Loyola gets commitment

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Loyola gets commitment

Postby tribecalledquest » July 22nd, 2013, 8:48 am

Thanks DUBulldog.

How good a player is this kid?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » July 22nd, 2013, 4:22 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:

Thanks DUBulldog.

How good a player is this kid?

Don't know much about him....never actually seen him play. I've heard he might be a 'tweener. I know Drake was looking at him, but I don't think he was at the top of Drake's 'wish list'.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby uniftw » July 25th, 2013, 11:50 am

Sounds like the other offer he held was Albany...apparently had an offer from Iowa State at one point but no longer did.

14-58 from the three point line...if he is/wants to be a tweener he has a lot of work to do.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mecha_bulldog » October 20th, 2013, 9:37 am

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/articl ... ug-charges

Knuth was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
mecha_bulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Valleyball » October 22nd, 2013, 5:23 pm

mecha_bulldog wrote:http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20131019/SPORTS08/310190084/Johnston-basketball-standout-faces-drug-charges

Knuth was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

So you are saying siu is still a possibilty?
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PantherSigEp » October 30th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Any word on the status of his scholarship and if Loyola is still planning on having him as a part of their program. Marijuana was supposedly what got him busted originally but I've heard that there were small amounts of other drugs found in the car including cocaine and OxyContin. Pretty serious stuff AND he is 18 so unless he gets something deferred that's on his permanent record.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GoRamblers » October 31st, 2013, 7:10 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Any word on the status of his scholarship and if Loyola is still planning on having him as a part of their program. Marijuana was supposedly what got him busted originally but I've heard that there were small amounts of other drugs found in the car including cocaine and OxyContin. Pretty serious stuff AND he is 18 so unless he gets something deferred that's on his permanent record.

My speculation is that he will not be signing with us when the time comes. Now, if he had already signed, it'd be a different story but given that it was just a verbal...I think he'll be somewhere else next year.
GoRamblers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PantherSigEp » October 31st, 2013, 9:50 pm

GoRamblers wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:Any word on the status of his scholarship and if Loyola is still planning on having him as a part of their program. Marijuana was supposedly what got him busted originally but I've heard that there were small amounts of other drugs found in the car including cocaine and OxyContin. Pretty serious stuff AND he is 18 so unless he gets something deferred that's on his permanent record.

My speculation is that he will not be signing with us when the time comes. Now, if he had already signed, it'd be a different story but given that it was just a verbal...I think he'll be somewhere else next year.

That would probably be best for both sides. Honestly I was surprised to see him receive an offer from Loyola. I just don't think he has what it takes to compete in the MVC quite yet. The JUCO route might be better for him basketball wise although if he is still caught up in "hard" stuff then I would hope he takes a step back and gets his stuff together before it's too late.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » October 31st, 2013, 10:42 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

That would probably be best for both sides. Honestly I was surprised to see him receive an offer from Loyola. I just don't think he has what it takes to compete in the MVC quite yet. The JUCO route might be better for him basketball wise although if he is still caught up in "hard" stuff then I would hope he takes a step back and gets his stuff together before it's too late.
I'd put money on him ending up at an Iowa JUCO...most likely Iowa Western CC, Iowa Central CC, or Marshalltown CC with an outsidie shot at North Iowa Area CC or Elsworth CC
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting