Competition

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Competition

Postby squirrel » November 3rd, 2013, 4:37 pm

I think Loyola entering has made Chicago much more competitive. Whereas before BU and Illinois State probably had the best access to Chicago-area players, now with Loyola in the league, they are a factor, but also so now is everyone else, in that they can sell a game in their hometown every year as well as broadcasts on Comcast Chicago.

So that is somewhat of a net-negative for BU and ISU on the recruiting trail, although for now BU has a great connection with Chin.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby saluki762 » November 9th, 2013, 3:26 am

Arguing about Iowa recruits is cute. #1 in Iowa is not as good as #15 in your neighboring state. :D

Of course recruiting ranking generally aren't worth a whole lot out of the top 25 anyway.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 9th, 2013, 6:28 am

saluki762 wrote:Arguing about Iowa recruits is cute. #1 in Iowa is not as good as #15 in your neighboring state. :D .

You're right. Harrison Barnes and Doug McDermott wouldn't have been top 15 in neighbor state.

:Beer:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PantherSigEp » November 9th, 2013, 9:01 am

DUBulldog wrote:
saluki762 wrote:Arguing about Iowa recruits is cute. #1 in Iowa is not as good as #15 in your neighboring state. :D .

You're right. Harrison Barnes and Doug McDermott wouldn't have been top 15 in neighbor state.

Yeah, Marcus Paige is really shook up about this development. I think he's deciding to turn in his Freshman All-American award and leave UNC to go play in a church league, seeing as how his talent certainly isn't up to par.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » November 9th, 2013, 7:59 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

Doug McDermott would not have been. Hence the reason I said recruiting rankings are not worth much anyways.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » November 11th, 2013, 9:02 am

saluki762 wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

Doug McDermott would not have been. Hence the reason I said recruiting rankings are not worth much anyways.
Kirk Hinrich, Nick Collison, and Kyle Korver probably wouldn't have been either I guess
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » December 1st, 2013, 11:10 pm

And you'll notice none of those guys ended up at UNI or Drake. Lol at the Iowa recruiting pissing match. Please keep it going!
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BullHawk0402 » December 2nd, 2013, 9:56 pm

I'd say per capita the state of Iowa produces just as much talent as Illinois, if not more. We're definitely comparing apples to oranges here in terms of population...
BullHawk0402
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting