Drake picks up another Big10 transfer

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby DUBulldog » May 10th, 2014, 12:24 pm

Graham Woodward, point guard from Penn State....will have 3 years eligibility remaining. Led PSU in 3-point % and started 6 games as a freshman.

link

Bulldogs are out of scholarships, so Woodward will apparently be paying his own way the first year....similar to Malcolm Armstead at WSU.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Drake picks up another Big10 transfer

Postby Drakey » May 10th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Giacoletti's recruiting is pretty impressive so far. Look out for the Bulldogs. This is going to be a very good team in a couple years.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » May 11th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Looks impressive! Offers from Gonzaga, Butler, Wazzu in addition to PSU out of high school. And this to go along with a former Rivals top 150.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2014, 9:45 am

Ahh...the old "pay their own way" thing.

I knew WSU had the money, but Drake? Good for Ray.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » May 12th, 2014, 12:19 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Ahh...the old "pay their own way" thing.

It really isn't that hard to get student loans and a job for some spending money for one year's worth of college.

But I do understand that accusing other programs of impropriety is fun, so have at it.

Looks like a good deal for Drake. I think Drake made a great hire, just curious to see if it works out.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby lusuperfan » May 12th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Actually, it looks like Verbal Commits has you guys right at the 13 player limit. They have McLaughlin, Rutter, Mocarski, & Joseph as walkons.
lusuperfan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby DUBulldog » May 12th, 2014, 8:35 pm

lusuperfan wrote:Actually, it looks like Verbal Commits has you guys right at the 13 player limit. They have McLaughlin, Rutter, Mocarski, & Joseph as walkons.

I am aware those guys are all walk-ons (and I'm also aware that McLaughlin, Mocarski and Joseph are no longer on the team).

What verbalcommits.com doesn't have is Gary Ricks listed on next season's roster. Ricks was a senior this season, but got injured early and will return next season as a 5th year senior. That puts the Bulldogs at 13 prior to Woodward.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

It really isn't that hard to get student loans and a job for some spending money for one year's worth of college.

But I do understand that accusing other programs of impropriety is fun, so have at it.

Looks like a good deal for Drake. I think Drake made a great hire, just curious to see if it works out.

If you honestly think Malcolm Armstead took out loans and grants to pay for his year at Wichita then I have some oceanfront property for sale in North Dakota.

For the record.....if you want to play with the big dogs you gotta pay like the big dogs. Good for the Shox.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » May 12th, 2014, 9:29 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

If you honestly think Malcolm Armstead took out loans and grants to pay for his year at Wichita then I have some oceanfront property for sale in North Dakota.

I don't know why I'm trying to convince you but here is a portion of an article by the Eagle beat writer.
WSU didn’t have a scholarship, so he took out loans and worked at Lubbers Auto Group in Cheney as a runner. He is counting on professional basketball to pay off the loans. Working at Lubbers paid off in other ways. He drove cars from lot to lot, and washed and detailed them.

“I learned how to balance tires, rotate tires, oil changes,” he said. “I never knew any of that.”

Armstead practiced with the Shockers, sometimes missing sessions when work demanded it. From his experience that season, he grew confident the 2012-13 Shockers could do big things. As a senior — one of the few Shockers with significant NCAA Division I experience — he wanted to make sure his teammates knew. He came to WSU desperately wanting to taste the NCAA Tournament for the first time.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/04/03/274480 ... rylink=cpy
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » May 13th, 2014, 9:03 am

Ok. You will believe what you want to believe and others will live in the real world.

Honest question....in your opinion what % of top 50 college basketball teams NEVER break any rules in recruiting?

FYI---to me, everyone does it. I'm not, in fact, ripping Wichita State. I have no issue with it. They decided to play with the big boys and have done so. I am hoping Bradley gets to the same point sooner rather than later.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting