WSU Commit From Top-100 CG

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Aargh » September 3rd, 2014, 9:57 am

Landry Shamet, 6'4", 180 lb. combo guard, committed to WSU, canceling official visits to Colorado, K-State, and Illinois. Landry is #87 on Rivals Top-150 list.http://sports.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Landry-Shamet-163110;_ylt=Av.op_tLAW_VsPhVHeI51LjVO5B4.

Multiple scouting reports, and a report from someone doing a highlight film for his AAU teammate pretty much all agree. Good outside jumper, good mid-range shot, can create his shot off the dribble, good handles, distributes well, high basketball IQ, sneaky quick getting to the rim for stuffs. Primarily a wing, but has played PG with good reports from his play at that spot.

Other offers from Nebraska, Memphis, Minnesota, Creighton, UNI, Drake
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU Commit From Top-100 CG

Postby Rollbird5 » September 3rd, 2014, 12:18 pm

Has a really good looking shot will be a very good player i believe
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 3rd, 2014, 1:27 pm

I see A young Toure Murry in his game.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » September 4th, 2014, 8:33 am

Is there any connection to Gal Mekel with this kid?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » September 4th, 2014, 9:13 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Is there any connection to Gal Mekel with this kid?

I don't think he likes to jump out of bounds under the basket and hope to be bailed out by a teammate, but one can never be too sure.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dean_siu » September 5th, 2014, 12:38 am

Although I think Shamet will be a decent player, the leading post in this thread is a little misleading. Shamet did not cancel his planned visit to Kansas State. KSU cancelled his visit after landing their #1 target for guards, Barry Brown. Wichita State was also pursuing Brown along with another recent KSU recruit, Dean Wade, and lost these two prime prospects to an in-state school. Although the Shockers reeled in a decent player, don't pretend that things are all rosey in Wichita. The Shockers are getting their ass kicked on the recruiting trail by perennial pests, Bruce Weber and Chris Lowery, and having to settle for the KSU rejects.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » September 5th, 2014, 5:28 am

dean_siu wrote:Although I think Shamet will be a decent player, the leading post in this thread is a little misleading. Shamet did not cancel his planned visit to Kansas State. KSU cancelled his visit after landing their #1 target for guards, Barry Brown. Wichita State was also pursuing Brown along with another recent KSU recruit, Dean Wade, and lost these two prime prospects to an in-state school. Although the Shockers reeled in a decent player, don't pretend that things are all rosey in Wichita. The Shockers are getting their ass kicked on the recruiting trail by perennial pests, Bruce Weber and Chris Lowery, and having to settle for the KSU rejects.

Wow. That's just poor trolling. Take a couple of facts and make up the rest.

Fact: Brown, a 3* recruit from Florida, was scheduled for officials to KSU and WSU. He committed to the Wildcats without taking a single trip.

Fact: Dean Wade, the # 107 forward, who's Dad played at KSU, committed after his visit there and cancelled all other officials, including WSU.

Fact: top 50 wing Kerwin Roach has cancelled his official to KSU, but will visit WSU on the 12th (and others).

Fact: 3* forward Eric Hamilton is committed to WSU.

Fact: 4* wing Shamet committed to WSU and cancelled his officials to Colorado, KSU, and Illinois.

Fact: WSU had 1 available scholarship for the fall recruiting and scheduled 8 official visits with 3* or better recruits.

So to summarize, WSU got a 4* wing and 3* forward while competing against the P5. KSU got a 3* forward and guard. SIU has Barry.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » September 5th, 2014, 10:28 am

Even if your stance was accurate, I would point out that I trust Marshall to pick up better KSU rejects than KSU's top targets.

Exhibit A: Ron Baker.

Trying to portray things in Wichita as anything other than rosey at this point is really going to damage your credibility. Things aren't just rosey on a league or regional level, things are rosey on the national level.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » September 5th, 2014, 11:38 am

Maybe one of these seasons KSU will outshine its in-state schools and have a better season than them. It's been a while standing at 3rd in line in a 3 person line.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » September 5th, 2014, 4:25 pm

dean_siu wrote:Although I think Shamet will be a decent player, the leading post in this thread is a little misleading. Shamet did not cancel his planned visit to Kansas State. KSU cancelled his visit after landing their #1 target for guards, Barry Brown. Wichita State was also pursuing Brown along with another recent KSU recruit, Dean Wade, and lost these two prime prospects to an in-state school. Although the Shockers reeled in a decent player, don't pretend that things are all rosey in Wichita. The Shockers are getting their ass kicked on the recruiting trail by perennial pests, Bruce Weber and Chris Lowery, and having to settle for the KSU rejects.

Things feel pretty rosey. I heard that Brown's (3* #150-200) visit to WSU was cancelled by the coaches following their being informed by Shamet (4* #87) that he was most likely going to cancel his visits to Illinois, Colorado, and KSU and come to WSU and that he was going to announce it following his visit. Good Luck to SIU and I hope that they can catch up to the top of the league and climb into the TOP half. LOL. Meanwhile, KSU will continue to be the 3rd ranked program in the state of Kansas.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting