Salukis Land another...

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Salukis Land another...

Postby siudawgs » May 30th, 2019, 1:46 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Dawgbit wrote:And another, Malik William from Clemson. Top 200 player in HS, Injured all of last year. Forward, 6-8, 226 lbs. Bryan Mullins & Co. are getting it done.

He played 4.4 minutes a game as a freshman at Clemson and averaged 1.5 ppg and 1.5 rpg.

I don't know how good this kid will be, but I won't put a ton of stock in him playing limited minutes as a true freshman in the ACC. Let's see how he performs as an older player in the Valley.

And I would agree with Dawgbit's premise ... Mullins has pulled in six promising recruits in a spring signing period, after only getting the job in March. We'll see how they pan out, but it's been an impressive start for him, recruiting-wise, and rebuilding the roster on the fly after not being left much to work with.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » May 30th, 2019, 3:41 pm

I assume he'll have to sit out this year? Wonder if he'll get a sixth year of eligibility then.

Assuming he sits, he'll be the age of a senior in his second year of ball.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Salukimadness86 » May 30th, 2019, 6:59 pm

Dawgbit wrote:And another, Malik William from Clemson. Top 200 player in HS, Injured all of last year. Forward, 6-8, 226 lbs. Bryan Mullins & Co. are getting it done.

Beat me to it Dawgbit. This kid could really make a difference in the Valley, if he can stay healthy.
Was a ESPN 4 star, Rivals 3 out of high school. Mullins continues to get work done. I'm actually excited about Saluki hoops again!
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby siudawgs » May 30th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Blers wrote:I assume he'll have to sit out this year? Wonder if he'll get a sixth year of eligibility then.

Assuming he sits, he'll be the age of a senior in his second year of ball.

Sounds like they are going to appeal for immediate eligibility, but I'll assume he has to sit a year until proven otherwise. He'd be the second sit-out transfer on the roster along with Ben Harvey from Eastern Illinois. Depth could be an issue next year, and it looks like Southern's bench will be freshman-heavy.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » May 31st, 2019, 11:12 am

Salukimadness86 wrote:

Beat me to it Dawgbit. This kid could really make a difference in the Valley, if he can stay healthy.
Was a ESPN 4 star, Rivals 3 out of high school. Mullins continues to get work done. I'm actually excited about Saluki hoops again!

MVC fans never cease to amaze me. They hate being "disrespected" by the BCS level schools and feel MVC schools are closer to them in talent than people think.

Yet when a BCS transfer comes to an MVC school after being an end of bench guy we are suddenly all fired up about how good he is going to be in the Valley.

I have no idea if Bryan Mullins will do well or not. But every single coach SIU would have hired would also be getting players at this stage and "getting work done".
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » June 1st, 2019, 8:46 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:

MVC fans never cease to amaze me. They hate being "disrespected" by the BCS level schools and feel MVC schools are closer to them in talent than people think.

Yet when a BCS transfer comes to an MVC school after being an end of bench guy we are suddenly all fired up about how good he is going to be in the Valley.

I have no idea if Bryan Mullins will do well or not. But every single coach SIU would have hired would also be getting players at this stage and "getting work done".

This might be the best post in the history of this board...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » June 1st, 2019, 7:21 pm

Have there been any FBS transfers to Valley schools in recent years that have been great? I'm sure there have, but none are coming mind. Brady Ellingson from Iowa was solid at Drake last year, but he was mostly a shooter. Seems like more have transferred out and had success at the power 5 schools than vice-versa.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » June 2nd, 2019, 5:02 am

Drakey wrote:Have there been any FBS transfers to Valley schools in recent years that have been great? I'm sure there have, but none are coming mind.

Clayton Custer is the only one I can think of
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BEARZ77 » June 2nd, 2019, 6:28 am

Tulio DaSilva came from the AAC , so not quite P-5 . Bears had Ridder and Sycamores had Neece both from the Big East, and Sycs also had Williams from the Big Ten. Bears will have DaSilva plus Hall { Nevada} and West [West Virginia] while Bradley a player from LSU. Evansville has the Kansas/Arizona player Cunliffe and a kid from Pittsburgh[ Illegomah], Valpo had Evelyn from Nebraska and Frazekas from the Big East and now has a kid from the Big East[ Gordon] and one from the A-10[ Robinson] to go with Frazekas. Loyola had the Kansas player a couple years back. Those are the ones from upper level conferences, but there are a number from conferences below the MVC as well.

In my estimation, the league has won the transfer game overall, with some teams obviously being more active than others.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » June 2nd, 2019, 8:10 pm

So the answer is "no" ?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting