Bears get 1st verbal for 2020

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby BEARZ77 » June 26th, 2019, 11:20 am

Dana Ford and the Bears got a nice get and the first for the 2020 class in 6'3 pg Ford Cooper of Faith Christian Academy. Seen ratings on him from 2* to 4 *, but 247 Sports has him a 4* and the 105 ranked player in the 2020 class. Dana and staff can find players , little doubt on that .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bears get 1st verbal for 2020

Postby Blers » June 26th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Rankings don't mean much but his are definitely interesting given how all over the place they are. His only other offers were Boston and Tulane.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » June 26th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Blers wrote:Rankings don't mean much but his are definitely interesting given how all over the place they are. His only other offers were Boston and Tulane.

I think he's one of those "rising" players as even with 247 sports on the last rating I saw before this announcement he was a 3* and around #160, but now is being said to be a 4* and #105. But you know that's the type of player we have to get on early. If he was a solid 4 star and a top 100 type kid going into his junior year, we probably aren't in the running. But anytime you get a kid sub 300 I consider it a good get for a Valley team. From Evan Daniels: "4 star guard Ford Cooper just verballed to Missouri State. I was impressed with his feel and ability run a team. This is a tremendous pick up for Dana Ford."
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sir Sci » June 27th, 2019, 1:52 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Blers wrote:Rankings don't mean much but his are definitely interesting given how all over the place they are. His only other offers were Boston and Tulane.

I think he's one of those "rising" players as even with 247 sports on the last rating I saw before this announcement he was a 3* and around #160, but now is being said to be a 4* and #105. But you know that's the type of player we have to get on early. If he was a solid 4 star and a top 100 type kid going into his junior year, we probably aren't in the running. But anytime you get a kid sub 300 I consider it a good get for a Valley team. From Evan Daniels: "4 star guard Ford Cooper just verballed to Missouri State. I was impressed with his feel and ability run a team. This is a tremendous pick up for Dana Ford."

Looking at 247 it looks like THEY'VE had him as a 4* and just outside the top 100 prospects for a long time, but their "247 Composite" ranking that takes other rating sites into consideration has him as a 3* which makes sense because 247 is the only place rating him as a 4* player. But as far as 247 is concerned, Bears got a verbal commit for a 4* guy.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kip Dynamite » July 15th, 2019, 8:29 am

Ford Cooper is now going to reclassify to the 2019 class and will be immediately eligible this year. Big news for the Bears after losing PG Dajuan Harris to grades. Cooper is a 4.0 student so I assume he will be on an academic ride this year since we are at the max limit already on athletic scholarships?
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » July 15th, 2019, 9:03 am

Kip Dynamite wrote:Ford Cooper is now going to reclassify to the 2019 class and will be immediately eligible this year. Big news for the Bears after losing PG Dajuan Harris to grades. Cooper is a 4.0 student so I assume he will be on an academic ride this year since we are at the max limit already on athletic scholarships?

Can't take an academic ride if you've taken an official or unofficial visit to the school. Somebody's gone.

Dana is doing everything he can to not be at MSU for 2020-21.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » July 15th, 2019, 3:41 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Kip Dynamite wrote:Ford Cooper is now going to reclassify to the 2019 class and will be immediately eligible this year. Big news for the Bears after losing PG Dajuan Harris to grades. Cooper is a 4.0 student so I assume he will be on an academic ride this year since we are at the max limit already on athletic scholarships?

Can't take an academic ride if you've taken an official or unofficial visit to the school. Somebody's gone.

Dana is doing everything he can to not be at MSU for 2020-21.

Kinda agree with that, there's been a lot of late game turnover on that roster with kids bouncing on and others being pushed off.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » July 16th, 2019, 6:44 am

Sounds like he may have agreed to walk on his first year so that we can keep the rest of roster in tact. His reclassification to this year was unexpected.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Sir Sci » July 18th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Today's latest tweet from Wyatt:

"Just received clarification from MSU:

Ford Cooper will likely be on an athletics scholarship. MSU will wait until the end of the summer semester to see if all freshmen qualify. No one will leave. One of the 3 freshmen will likely redshirt and not count against the scholarships."

I don't know how that's supposed to work, but I hope Missouri State knows what they're doing if they're claiming no one will leave.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » July 18th, 2019, 7:32 pm

Yeah. Redshirts count against your scholarship limit UNLESS you talked one of them into a 4 for 5...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting